How do you remind yourself life is worth living? Watch

angelhope214
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I don't know about you, but I often find myself so consumed by sad and ugly thoughts it's hard to remember why I live, and what I live for. So, for others who experience this, what do you tell yourself, look at, think of, to remind yourself your life is worth living?
hayleydhotman
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by angelhope214)
I don't know about you, but I often find myself so consumed by sad and ugly thoughts it's hard to remember why I live, and what I live for. So, for others who experience this, what do you tell yourself, look at, think of, to remind yourself your life is worth living?
hi , i’m currently off school today because of this reason. you just have to stay positive with everything you do like literally just overload everyone with compliments and if you think negatively try and see it in a different perspective if you get me? it’s really hard but once you get the hang of it , you feel a lot better.

I also suggest pampering yourself up and have a self care care, it will make you feel a lot better about yourself x
Bhaker_5x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
every day before you go sleep think of three things that you were happy with and you are are grateful for, that day. if you cant come up with anything, then you know you need to change something with your daily life. this really helped me
also i would recommend a meditation app to help you de stress and worry less about thoughts
hope this helps
Analyst89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You have a roof over your head, food, water.

You can study.

You can go to experience things, join clubs, take a walk in the park or somewhere, there are many good movies you are yet to see, books to read, places to travel, experiences.

You can achieve a lot of things.
PotatoFruit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Have a project that you are working towards in whatever you’re interested in
ibyghee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I like challenges, and when life brings be challenges, I like life. Pretty simple concept for me.
Life is a hard n tuff challenge, with the good bits at the end.
Spanx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Last edited by Spanx; 5 days ago
Faithams
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I remind myself that I'm so young, I have so much more of life to experience and there are things that I want to do like travel, do my master's, own a hostel, work abroad. And that I want to see how my life pans out. I also remind myself that I have felt like this before, even worse, and how proud I am that I manage to pull myself out of it each time and always go on to experience more happiness. I recently started opening up to my mum about these episodes of depression/emotional instability and she tends to put everything into perspective for me. At the end of the day, whatever you're going through is probably not that deep. The worst thing that can happen to you is that you die, anything else is just an obstacle and you come out stronger. If you die, there was no point to any of this.
Just take some you time, talk to people you love and focus on things that you want to do to better yourself. Maybe even go on a holiday if you have the funds (I started travelling solo and learned a lot about myself, its one of the things that I use to remind myself that there's so much to do and I can do anything).
Faithams
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Oh, and knowing that everyone goes through periods like this. Realising that what you're going through isn't just something you alone are doomed to, makes it feel a bit more bearable and less alone. People have had it worse (although I guess it all depends on your mental state) and came out on the other side and gone on to do amazing things.

Don't waste your life, do something to help yourself and to help the world. Think about the bigger picture and get out of your head.

You will be okay, use every opportunity like this to learn how to comfort yourself and how to get out of these ruts. Each time will get easier

I hope you feel better soon, sending love <3
awkwardshortguy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
My complete coping mechanism is detailed here:
Spoiler:
Show
I jack off. A lot.

(Original post by ibyghee)
Life is a hard n tuff challenge, with the good bits at the end.
Illness and death?
ibyghee
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by awkwardshortguy)
My complete coping mechanism is detailed here:
Spoiler:
Show
I jack off. A lot.

Illness and death?
If you get an illness, that's just a bigger challenge to overcome.
If you die, you die trying.
Anonymous #1
Report 5 days ago
The only reason why I’m still alive is because if my family, they always remind me of how devastated they would be if I died and that when if I die they die too, and I love my family so so much and I don’t want to hurt them, so they are my reason
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (245)
66.22%
No (125)
33.78%

Watched Threads