Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Do you need any experience to study Film at uni? I’m thinking of doing it but I don’t have any experience, I just really enjoy watching movies and would love to learn more about the process of making them etc.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you need any experience to study Film at uni? I’m thinking of doing it but I don’t have any experience, I just really enjoy watching movies and would love to learn more about the process of making them etc.
For the most competitive film production degrees you’ll be competing against people with a lot of experience (and expected to provide a showreel of work as part of your application).

For less competitive courses or theory courses then that isn’t required.

I would suggest that you look into studying a FAD (art & design foundation diploma) at a local university or college. There’s usually a lens or media based pathway available that would give you experience and build a showreel of work. It would give you an opportunity to try out the more practical aspects of studying a creative course as well as broadening the sort of course you can apply to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (296)
60.41%
Yes- I don't like it (24)
4.9%