Is the BTEC Level 3 National Engineering Student Book still useful? Watch

Ozzy987
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello All,

I have just attended an open event for an engineering diploma and asked what things I could study in the meantime up until the course in September ( Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Diploma Level 3 Mechanical) and was suggested with the above book. Upon looking on amazon the reviews although generally good, seem to have issues regarding the generalized nature of the text and no answers to questions, not to mention it being nearly 10 years old. Is it worth studying this or is there something better I can use?

To clarify I am a complete beginner in this field; wanting a solid introduction to both mechanical and electrical principles,whilst engaging in both read, written and practical projects in my own time, with answers, resources and up to date information both in the subject matter and in the industry.
Miri22
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This is like having a teachers book. It’s very helpful and gets you questioning things which is what it’s supposed to do. So when your tutor starts talking you can relate and say I’ve read and state facts. Deffo worth all books but level 3 will prepare you for the year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (338)
60.57%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.2%
No- I want it (151)
27.06%
No- I don't want it (40)
7.17%

Watched Threads