Moron4/20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m currently in s4 and I’m in the lowest maths class sitting national 4. I picked nat 5 next year but the whole maths department ripped me to shreds today, telling me I couldn’t do it and would fail. I really need the nat 5 but they have really broke my confidence. What should I do?
Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Moron4/20)
I’m currently in s4 and I’m in the lowest maths class sitting national 4. I picked nat 5 next year but the whole maths department ripped me to shreds today, telling me I couldn’t do it and would fail. I really need the nat 5 but they have really broke my confidence. What should I do?
I’m sorry for you. That’s what they did to me too when I had nat 4 and I was assured that I wouldn’t be able to cope it. But guess what? I am doing nat 5 maths and it’s easy so far (you would have to do it for 2 years though).

If I were you, I would negotiate and try to tell them that you can do it. If doesn’t work then get your parent to email school and negotiate with your parent.

Hope it goes well
Moron4/20
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
(Original post by Kubsyy)
I’m sorry for you. That’s what they did to me too when I had nat 4 and I was assured that I wouldn’t be able to cope it. But guess what? I am doing nat 5 maths and it’s easy so far (you would have to do it for 2 years though).

If I were you, I would negotiate and try to tell them that you can do it. If doesn’t work then get your parent to email school and negotiate with your parent.

Hope it goes well
I’m gonna go for it, I was speaking to some of my friends and found that they’re teachers said the same. I don’t know if it’s to scare people off or what but I’m not leaving school without that Nat 5 hahaha. I’m gonna study loads and fry my brain for that qualification. Thanks for the advice, you’ve really helped me out.
Kubsyy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Moron4/20)
I’m gonna go for it, I was speaking to some of my friends and found that they’re teachers said the same. I don’t know if it’s to scare people off or what but I’m not leaving school without that Nat 5 hahaha. I’m gonna study loads and fry my brain for that qualification. Thanks for the advice, you’ve really helped me out.
No problem
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads