johnyboy12345
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I have seen the exception courses, but if there is an updated one for 2020 please do let me know.

I want to do a second part time degree in psychology with counselling. Will this be approved for funding or does the course title just have to say psychology?
Graeme SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by johnyboy12345)
Hi,

I have seen the exception courses, but if there is an updated one for 2020 please do let me know.

I want to do a second part time degree in psychology with counselling. Will this be approved for funding or does the course title just have to say psychology?
Hi,

Can you please confirm the name of the university? We can check our database to make sure this is an exception.

Thanks, Graeme
johnyboy12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Graeme SFE)
Hi,

Can you please confirm the name of the university? We can check our database to make sure this is an exception.

Thanks, Graeme
Hi,

Yeah the university name is South Bank university. Are both courses exception courses or will you tell me which one?
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,

London South Bank University have not yet added any part time courses to our course database, so we are not able to check if the Psychology with Counselling course is classed as an exception course at the moment. You'll need to ask your university to update the Course Management Service (CMS) so that we can check this for you.

A psychology only course will be classed as an exception.

Thanks, Ashley.
johnyboy12345
Rep:
?
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi there,

London South Bank University have not yet added any part time courses to our course database, so we are not able to check if the Psychology with Counselling course is classed as an exception course at the moment. You'll need to ask your university to update the Course Management Service (CMS) so that we can check this for you.

A psychology only course will be classed as an exception.

Thanks, Ashley.
Ok, But you can definitely confirm that psychology on its own is an exception course and will be able to receive tuition loans and maintenance loans?
SFE Dean
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ok, But you can definitely confirm that psychology on its own is an exception course and will be able to receive tuition loans and maintenance loans?
Hello,

The course title by itself is on our list as long as it's a Honours Degree, Joint Honours Degree or Integrated Master's Degree, but we can only give assurances once we see the course on our CMS database.

The full list of exception courses is as follows:

- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Regards, Dean.
johnyboy12345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by SFE Dean)
Hello,

The course title by itself is on our list as long as it's a Honours Degree, Joint Honours Degree or Integrated Master's Degree, but we can only give assurances once we see the course on our CMS database.

The full list of exception courses is as follows:

- Medicine and Dentistry
- Subjects to Allied Medicine
- Biological and Sport Science
- Psychology
- Veterinary Sciences
- Agriculture, Food and Related Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Engineering and Technology
- Computing
- Geographical and Environmental Studies

Regards, Dean.
Hi,

I contacted the uni and asked them to update the course database. In the meanwhile would you advise me to apply for just psychology on its own or psychology with counselling.
SFE Ashley
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi,

I contacted the uni and asked them to update the course database. In the meanwhile would you advise me to apply for just psychology on its own or psychology with counselling.
Hi there,

We are not able to advise you what to apply for as this is your decision.

I have checked the course database for you again, and it has not yet been updated by your university.

Thanks, Ashley.
johnyboy12345
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by SFE Ashley)
Hi there,

We are not able to advise you what to apply for as this is your decision.

I have checked the course database for you again, and it has not yet been updated by your university.

Thanks, Ashley.
Hi,

South Bank university have confirmed that they listed their courses on the course management service.

The courses I have an interest in are:

BSc (Hons) Psychology

BSc (Hons) Psychological Counselling

BSc (Hons) Psychology (Clinical Psychology)

Please tell me which one of them are exception courses, so I can focus on making the application.

Thanks,

Hussein
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (231)
60.95%
No (79)
20.84%
Not sure (69)
18.21%

Watched Threads