Struggling with loneliness and depression Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
So this is my first time on this site but it seems pretty cool from reading other peoples stuff but idk if i actually suffer from depression but damn i stayed in my house for 2 months and just have no motivation.im 17 years olds and just going outside seems like a chore and to be honest i dont really have any friends which yh makes it harder.i use to have a group of freinds but everyone just kinda went their own way and no one really talks to each other which is kind of sad.i live in london and just want to know if anyone can help with suggestions and tell me what i can do because i just spend everyday on my bed sad and i just eat and sleep.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So this is my first time on this site but it seems pretty cool from reading other peoples stuff but idk if i actually suffer from depression but damn i stayed in my house for 2 months and just have no motivation.im 17 years olds and just going outside seems like a chore and to be honest i dont really have any friends which yh makes it harder.i use to have a group of freinds but everyone just kinda went their own way and no one really talks to each other which is kind of sad.i live in london and just want to know if anyone can help with suggestions and tell me what i can do because i just spend everyday on my bed sad and i just eat and sleep.
Ok. But living in London you have no excuse for not helping yourself! What ever hapoened to the idea of getting a hobby such as a cheap guitar, dance classes, visiting places, learning a language, doing a cookery class. Depression comes from attaching too much importance to negativity inside of yourself. Get busy. There is so much to do!
shebk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Do you study in high school?
Do you study well?
Kaffee_1998
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
personally the best way to overcome that kinda of apathy is a focus to a regular routine. find something that you enjoy and focus on that. Friends will come and go
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by Kaffee_1998)
personally the best way to overcome that kinda of apathy is a focus to a regular routine. find something that you enjoy and focus on that. Friends will come and go
Idk really what to focus on and yh i been looking at things i can do but nothing really excites me
Anonymous #1
(Original post by shebk)
Do you study in high school?
Do you study well?
Yes i study lol but that is only when i go school i dont know what to do in my holidays and weekends
Anonymous #1
M

(Original post by mgi)
Ok. But living in London you have no excuse for not helping yourself! What ever hapoened to the idea of getting a hobby such as a cheap guitar, dance classes, visiting places, learning a language, doing a cookery class. Depression comes from attaching too much importance to negativity inside of yourself. Get busy. There is so much to do!
Yh lol guitar practise doesnt sound that exciting but yh seen things i can do but just the thought of going outside really puts me off i think i may have axiety
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
M

Yh lol guitar practise doesnt sound that exciting but yh seen things i can do but just the thought of going outside really puts me off i think i may have axiety
Avoiding doing things will only worsen the anxiety. Try things out. If the MH issues become too much to deal with, go see your GP.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Pathway)
Avoiding doing things will only worsen the anxiety. Try things out. If the MH issues become too much to deal with, go see your GP.
Damn i dont really wanna go GP cause i just reallt feel like theres something wrong with me and i dont really think that its just i dont really see a point of going out aswell so i may be a little lazy
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Damn i dont really wanna go GP cause i just reallt feel like theres something wrong with me and i dont really think that its just i dont really see a point of going out aswell so i may be a little lazy
Well, if there is something "wrong with you" then you owe it to yourself to get help for it. You've mentioned two potential mental health concerns and some issues regarding having no motivation and not knowing what to do, you either need to seek help, or you need to take it upon yourself to improve your situation, or it will continue to fester.
Anonymous #1
Yh i understand thanks.so im just curious on what do u do in your spare times and work off days
shebk
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Yes i study lol but that is only when i go school i dont know what to do in my holidays and weekends
That's good!
Do you have ambition?
Last edited by shebk; 2 days ago
Anonymous #1
Im a boy and no theres not really anything im reallt working towards and thats whats irritating because there is nothing that really excites me in education its all just boring
mgi
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
M

But you do need to reach out for support to help you improve your life rather than just giving up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.75%
No (109)
32.25%

Watched Threads