eggwaffle21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi!

Has anyone applied to the HKU-UCL Law double degree programme this year?
roorooroo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes through HKU!
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by roorooroo)
Yes through HKU!
are u from hk?
awkwardreactions
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
yes, through ucas
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
How many places are available on the UCL-HKU course?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How many places are available on the UCL-HKU course?
Their intake is usually 10, 5 for HKU and 5 for UCL. Maybe give or take one depending on the year.
studenthk
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Just discovered this thread. Was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to switch to purely UCL if we get in the dual degree programme? Like, since the first 2 years are at UCL, is it possible to request to stay in UCL for the third year? (Given the situation in HK, it would be nice to have this option in case things go further astray)
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
Hey, current student on the dual degree here. UCL says it's only if you have 'exceptional circumstances', so I assume they decides this on a case-by-case basis? I've heard a rumour that someone on the dual degree got to switch to the three-year LLB as they secured a training contract in the UK, but other than that I imagine UCL probably won't very lenient with this.

If you applied for the dual degree through HKU and applied for straight UCL LLB through UCAS, you could get offers for both and decide later
studenthk
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
Hey, current student on the dual degree here. UCL says it's only if you have 'exceptional circumstances', so I assume they decides this on a case-by-case basis? I've heard a rumour that someone on the dual degree got to switch to the three-year LLB as they secured a training contract in the UK, but other than that I imagine UCL probably won't very lenient with this.

If you applied for the dual degree through HKU and applied for straight UCL LLB through UCAS, you could get offers for both and decide later
Thanks! Btw, how competitive was the dual programme? Is a 45 in ib enough to carry me or would I need to perform exceptionally in the interview?
Anonymous #3
Report 3 days ago
(Original post by studenthk)
Thanks! Btw, how competitive was the dual programme? Is a 45 in ib enough to carry me or would I need to perform exceptionally in the interview?
A 45 is amazing, congratulations! I was predicted 44 and ended up getting a 42 in the end, so I'm sure you're fine. But do try to do well in the interview and make sure you can justify what you've written in the personal statement
studenthk
Rep:
?
Report 3 days ago
A 45 is amazing, congratulations! I was predicted 44 and ended up getting a 42 in the end, so I'm sure you're fine. But do try to do well in the interview and make sure you can justify what you've written in the personal statement
Thank you Regarding your friend who managed to stay at UCL, does the training contract have to be from a magic/silver circle firm, or is any training contract enough to secure the third year? Really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions btw
Anonymous #3
Report 2 days ago
Thank you Regarding your friend who managed to stay at UCL, does the training contract have to be from a magic/silver circle firm, or is any training contract enough to secure the third year? Really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions btw
This is just a rumour I heard from seniors so I can't be sure, do take it with a grain of salt. Sorry I can't be more helpful with this issue!
Anonymous #4
Report 2 days ago
Hi, I also applied this programme from HKU, have you heard anything from HKU yet? I have no update after I have received the HKU LLB offer. Thank you :-)
studenthk
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hi, I also applied this programme from HKU, have you heard anything from HKU yet? I have no update after I have received the HKU LLB offer. Thank you :-)
Hi, no not for this programme. On the website it says interview invitations don't come out until March, so I wouldn't worry about it yet.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 days ago
Thank you. May I know from which website please ?
studenthk
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Thank you. May I know from which website please ?
https://hkuucl.law.hku.hk/admission-criteria/
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you feel comfortable going back to school on March 8th?

Yes (394)
32.3%
No (826)
67.7%

Watched Threads