27 and 18 year old Watch

travelcollegeguy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello I am at university in my first year and I am really getting on with this girl. The problem is that she is 18 years old so im not sure what to do. She is so kind and nice, she likes the same things as I do, wants to travel the world like I do as well. I have been finding her attractive since November, I have brought her presents and she has given me a hug, walks with her but the problem is with the age gap. I started Uni quite late due to my mental health and family issues you see so its why Im at the same point with her in life
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
As you get older the age gap will seem less large than it is now. It doesn't matter what others think about it it matters you both think about it. Ask her out, find out what she thinks about it. If shes not bothered about the age gap and you want her, what's the issue?

Anyway even if she likes you, you may not even get on in a relationship but is might not a reason to try?
Seldon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by travelcollegeguy)
Hello I am at university in my first year and I am really getting on with this girl. The problem is that she is 18 years old so im not sure what to do. She is so kind and nice, she likes the same things as I do, wants to travel the world like I do as well. I have been finding her attractive since November, I have brought her presents and she has given me a hug, walks with her but the problem is with the age gap. I started Uni quite late due to my mental health and family issues you see so its why Im at the same point with her in life
Relationships are all about conversations and getting to know and accept each other no matter what.
The age difference? Well it depends on how you guys understand each other because you both are on different pages of life.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Seldon)
Relationships are all about conversations and getting to know and accept each other no matter what.
The age difference? Well it depends on how you guys understand each other because you both are on different pages of life.
Good post, good advice.

I will say maybe they are not on different pages of life, girls (unfortunately for them) have to get their stuff together quickly because of the unequal hand mother nature dealt them, men can mature slower. Hence why older man younger women isnt uncommon
ProbablyPallas
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My fiancé is 28 and I'm 18 coming on 19. It's really not a big deal if you get on well and are similar maturity levels. Age gaps aren't an issue as long as nobody is taking advantage. Just be aware you'll probably get some rude comments from other people.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Noting wrong with getting to know her before committing to anything. If you're on the same page life-wise and have other things in common then there's no reason why it can't work. I'd normally be wary of 18 and 27 but considering you've had some time out and have been looking after yourself (no offence intended whatsoever, you've clearly done really well to get to where you are now) rather than having graduated, gotten a job and moved out already etc, I don't think the age difference will matter so much.
travelcollegeguy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Haha that's funny bones-McCoy. That's great advice but I haven't been looking after myself before I went to uni, I still lived with my parents and went to college before that's how I got into university you see as I had no grades at all when I started out at college. But thank you also for the nice words and like I said the great advice.

Also the thing that might make it awkward which is why I want to get to know her first is because I am sharing a house with her and a couple of others next year, I've asked my mum and she said just be aware if it didn't work out and it would make it more awkward to that's why I want to get to know her better before I do commit.

Also there is another girl who I like as well who is 23 but im really not sure who I like most which again is why I haven't committed to anything so far with either of them. Never thought I would be the sort of person who would have this problem!! I thought I was going to be friendless my whole life if truth be told a couple of years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (407)
67.95%
No (192)
32.05%

Watched Threads