struggling to know what to do after university Watch

humanmess
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Im having a really hard time right now knowing what i want to do in life and it’s really stressing me out. I know it’s bad and maybe a waste of money but i basically went to uni to put off getting a job/starting a career because i have no idea what i am good at.

I’m 19 and currently in second year of uni studying criminology, i’m averaging a 2:1 which is surprising as i never go to lectures and struggle to leave the house ever. I always say to family and friends i want to go into the police bc i’m interested in all things crime studies and criminals but the more i’ve genuinely looked into it the less i want to become a police officer or prison guard and i’m worried i’ve come too far into this process to change my plan.

I cant think of any other job i’d like to do bc i don’t really have any particular interests or talents that stick out, other than animals and gaming , and i’m so worried i’ll end up working in a supermarket or retail or something for the rest of my life wishing i’d picked a career i enjoy.

all my housemates seem to know their plans, going into accounting, architecture and pharmacy and i’m here not knowing what i want to be. i don’t even know if anyone can help me but if anyone has some advise for possible jobs or ways to find things i’m good at, or anything of the sort, i would appreciate it so much because i just want to have some sort of plan that i can actually tell my family.
Com_Activist
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have you taken any career counselling session during university?

(Original post by humanmess)Im having a really hard time right now knowing what i want to do in life and it’s really stressing me out. I know it’s bad and maybe a waste of money but i basically went to uni to put off getting a job/starting a career because i have no idea what i am good at.

I’m 19 and currently in second year of uni studying criminology, i’m averaging a 2:1 which is surprising as i never go to lectures and struggle to leave the house ever. I always say to family and friends i want to go into the police bc i’m interested in all things crime studies and criminals but the more i’ve genuinely looked into it the less i want to become a police officer or prison guard and i’m worried i’ve come too far into this process to change my plan.

I cant think of any other job i’d like to do bc i don’t really have any particular interests or talents that stick out, other than animals and gaming , and i’m so worried i’ll end up working in a supermarket or retail or something for the rest of my life wishing i’d picked a career i enjoy.

all my housemates seem to know their plans, going intoH accounting, architecture and pharmacy and i’m here not knowing what i want to be. i don’t even know if anyone can help me but if anyone has some advise for possible jobs or ways to find things i’m good at, or anything of the sort, i would appreciate it so much because i just want to have some sort of plan that i can actually tell my family.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (348)
60.1%
Yes- I don't like it (31)
5.35%