aboudeh850
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just a separate thread to keep each other updated!

Did anyone get an interview for January deadline?

I haven’t gotten anything yet :/ I am an international applicant, if that matters...
shawns
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by aboudeh850)
Just a separate thread to keep each other updated!

Did anyone get an interview for January deadline?

I haven’t gotten anything yet :/ I am an international applicant, if that matters...
No, haven’t gotten anything either. Feeling a mini heart attack every time seeing an edu mail pops up.
elmstone1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
As of right now the March deadline has passed and they have extended the application deadline is still open on the course page. Therefore this is good and bad!!!

Bad: They are still hoping for better applicants to apply by the end of March
Good: Less people than expected have applied so we all stand a better chance of getting on the course

Although this is a new course so a lack of publicity maybe still a problem as the lack of applications. I applied for the March deadline on the 2-year course as I want to fund my study instead of taking out the postgraduate loan. Paying back 20% of your annual income in a job isn’t a good deal for students when many phds are fully funded
Last edited by elmstone1; 11 months ago
aboudeh850
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Anyone heard back for an interview?
elmstone1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Applications close this Friday so I suspect that next week the call for interviews will go out, if it’s been more than 10 weeks since you applied then I suggest you email the department on the course page. Did you apply for the 1 year course?
Advertisement
rockena
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I actually had an invite to an interview sent out to me yesterday so I think they've already begun rolling them out! It was slightly under 6 weeks from submitting my application to receiving the invite.
elmstone1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by rockena)
I actually had an invite to an interview sent out to me yesterday so I think they've already begun rolling them out! It was slightly under 6 weeks from submitting my application to receiving the invite.
Congrats! Is the interview in April? and did you apply for the 1 year full time course? I applied for the 2 year part time option so I believe that full time get interview offers first
Last edited by elmstone1; 11 months ago
Advertisement
rockena
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by elmstone1)
Congrats! Is the interview in April? and did you apply for the 1 year full time course? I applied for the 2 year part time option so I believe that full time get interview offers first
Thank you! Yup, I applied for the 1 year full time course, and my interview is on Monday. I hope you guys get your responses soon .
hoeing
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
When is your interview? Mine is on Wednesday.
Advertisement
elmstone1
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Thank you! Yup, I applied for the 1 year full time course, and my interview is on Monday. I hope you guys get your responses soon .
(Original post by hoeing)
When is your interview? Mine is on Wednesday.
For those whom have had interviews can you give the rest of us advice. What questions did they ask you? what discussion topic on a technical subject related to the course did they give you?
aboudeh850
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I had my interview last week, i checked my self service portal today it said that my application is ready to be assessed by the March deadline, abyone else get the same message?
Advertisement
shawns
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
For those whom have had interviews can you give the rest of us advice. What questions did they ask you? what discussion topic on a technical subject related to the course did they give you?
Actually it was a quite broad topic. And it was totally up to you whether to get it very technical or not. I would say, just show your strength in the interview. There were no correct answers.
Last edited by shawns; 11 months ago
rockena
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by shawns)
Actually it was a quite broad topic. And it was totally up to you whether to get it very technical or not. I would say, just show your strength in the interview. There were no correct answers.
Sorry for getting back at you so late - its been a hectic few days with COVID-19 turning my life upside down. Before your interview, you're given a very broad topic like to present about, and like shawns said, its up to you to make it technical or not. I think the one piece of advice I could give you is to really know the ins and outs of the arguments you might present, and be sure to be up to date on them too, don't be like me and not realize some new technologies could totally solve some of the issues you suggest .
Advertisement
GradStudentLife
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Anyone applied by the March deadline hear back for an interview?
estudihambre
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Anyone else from January waiting on the March re-evaluation? Do you expect a second interview in the re-evaluation? I wonder how many people applied in March compared to in November and January...
aboudeh850
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by estudihambre)
Anyone else from January waiting on the March re-evaluation? Do you expect a second interview in the re-evaluation? I wonder how many people applied in March compared to in November and January...
Me and Rockena both got deferred to march re-evaluation and did not hear anything back. Have you heard of anyone get accepted in Jan? Cause it seems like it was either rejections or deferals
rockena
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by estudihambre)
(Original post by aboudeh850)
Me and Rockena both got deferred to march re-evaluation and did not hear anything back. Have you heard of anyone get accepted in Jan? Cause it seems like it was either rejections or deferals
Adding to what Aboudeh said, I'm almost certain we aren't getting going to be interviewed again. If I recall correctly, they mentioned that they will be sending decisions as soon as the March applicant interviews are over. All we have to do is play the waiting game until they finish them up, which should be the end of this month/early next month
Advertisement
estudihambre
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Adding to what Aboudeh said, I'm almost certain we aren't getting going to be interviewed again. If I recall correctly, they mentioned that they will be sending decisions as soon as the March applicant interviews are over. All we have to do is play the waiting game until they finish them up, which should be the end of this month/early next month
I personally don't know anyone that applied to this course but I agree, all we can do is wait and hope for the best. I will keep you updated, hopefully we can all be classmates in a few months!
Doublebubble5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I applied for March deadline and am still waiting to hear.
Doublebubble5
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Doublebubble5)
I applied for March deadline and am still waiting to hear.
Was notified yesterday about an interview next week. 🤞🤞
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (278)
52.06%
No (256)
47.94%

Watched Threads