How to take AQA Further Mathermatics exam as private candidate? Watch

Jennifercheung
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
My college enrols us to OCR further mathematics but oxford only count AQA exam board. I might need to take extra exam with AQA. But I don’t know where to enrol and where to sit the exam. Anyone can share their experience and views?
gninwoD
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Jennifercheung)
My college enrols us to OCR further mathematics but oxford only count AQA exam board. I might need to take extra exam with AQA. But I don’t know where to enrol and where to sit the exam. Anyone can share their experience and views?
I don't know where you have read that, of course Oxford will accept OCR, it stands for Oxford, Cambridge and RSA examinations
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Jennifercheung)
Check this is correct, but I would find it unusual.
In any event ask your exam officer if you can sit the exam as a private candidate at the college.
If not you will need to find a private exam centre close or cheapest to you. It will cost c £50 for the exam fee and c £100-£150 for the exam centre fee i.e to use their premises. Any exam centre should be able to register you for any of the main boards.
You can just google
https://cloudlearn.co.uk/ExamCentres
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I'm certain you must have misunderstood. UK universities, including Oxford, accept GCSEs and A levels from AQA, Pearson Edexcel, OCR, WJEC/Eduqas, CCEA and CAIE.

You've posted in GCSEs. Is this a question about GCSEs or A levels? OCR won't require a GCSE in Further Maths from anyone.
Last edited by Compost; 4 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
67.14%
No (115)
32.86%

Watched Threads