Anyone on the implant? Watch

K_r243
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Have you got an implant or had it in the past? What was/is your experience like?
I have been on the implant for almost 6 years I’m meant to be putting my third one in April but debating to completely come off it and give my body a break.

My experience:
Main side effect is definitely acne as I’m 23 now and still suffer from bad skin. Another one mood swings! I have suffered with anxiety and depression and wonder if the implant might be the cause.
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by K_r243)
Have you got an implant or had it in the past? What was/is your experience like?
I have been on the implant for almost 6 years I’m meant to be putting my third one in April but debating to completely come off it and give my body a break.

My experience:
Main side effect is definitely acne as I’m 23 now and still suffer from bad skin. Another one mood swings! I have suffered with anxiety and depression and wonder if the implant might be the cause.
I've not had it but friends have had it and not liked it.

What would you be swapping it for? Or nothing at all?

I was on the pill for contraception in a previous relationship, but I'm now in a same sex relationship so obviously don't need it - but stayed on it for a while due to it helping with lighter periods. I spoke to the doctor and he said that now I'm in my 20s, my periods will likely be lighter than when I was a teenager anyway so just to come off it and see. That was like 2 or 3 years ago and they're fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (250)
62.03%
Yes- I don't like it (19)
4.71%
No- I want it (107)
26.55%
No- I don't want it (27)
6.7%

Watched Threads