The Student Room Group

I recently changed my exam board and I'm doing year 12

I have no base of GCSE and I feel completely lost with the syllabus in year 12. I'm worried that I might not do well in the upcoming may June exam. I don't know what to do :frown:(
Original post by Hoiiii
I have no base of GCSE and I feel completely lost with the syllabus in year 12. I'm worried that I might not do well in the upcoming may June exam. I don't know what to do :frown:(

What have you been doing since September or even before?
Which subjects?

1. Make notes- revision notes- quickly- aim to master the material so you understand it.
2. Move to revision via workbooks i.e short questions and familiarise yourself with the exam format and the different sorts of questions.
3. Practice exam question.
i) with notes and untimed- then check and mark- then try again filling in the places where you lost marks.
ii) Notes, but timed.
iii) No notes but untimed.
iv) No notes and timed i.e exam conditions.

Find the bits you are weak at or missing and remember to include them on next try.
If you want to make it harder then reduce time by 5-10 minutes.

You dont give enough detail to say what it is you are struggling on.
If your understanding isnt good then buy decent revision books, use youtube and see if there are other notes on TES.
Alternatively you may consider some of the paid services like seneca or save my exams.
CGP do a few headstart books taking the most important bits from GCSE for the sciences.
Get organised and just do your best between now and the exam.

Quick Reply

Latest