Childhood Regrets Watch

JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
This is a rather personal question but what regrets do you have now stemming from your childhood if you have any at all? Personally I wish I hadn't mistreated my younger brother due to behaviours I could not control. I feel my parents should have intervened properly but I regret and have lived to regret my conduct because my brother spent his teen years gaining retribution and hasn't really changed his demeanour all that much even though he's 25 now.
Johnny Tightlips
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
This is a rather personal question but what regrets do you have now stemming from your childhood if you have any at all? Personally I wish I hadn't mistreated my younger brother due to behaviours I could not control. I feel my parents should have intervened properly but I regret and have lived to regret my conduct because my brother spent his teen years gaining retribution and hasn't really changed his demeanour all that much even though he's 25 now.
Nowt. Regrets are a waste of time Focus on the now.
hippieglitter
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I regret not spending more time with and being nicer to my dad, i had no idea he was going to die when i was 24 and when he died all i could think about was he amount of times I said I hated him over the years, at least I know he knew that i loved him cos i told him every time I left the hospital after visiting him.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by Johnny Tightlips)
Nowt. Regrets are a waste of time Focus on the now.
I would agree but others make past mistakes more noticeable.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
There’s no point regretting anything. Have you apologised to your brother? All you can do is focus on the future.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
(Original post by YaliaV)
There’s no point regretting anything. Have you apologised to your brother? All you can do is focus on the future.
Well there is a point in regret if you can fix or make up for the past. Apologising doesn't work properly when his behaviour has been altered based on what I've done.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
Well there is a point in regret if you can fix or make up for the past. Apologising doesn't work properly when his behaviour has been altered based on what I've done.
You shouldn’t spend time beating yourself up for something you can’t change. Are you sure you caused his behaviour? Have you spoken to him about it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (255)
66.58%
No (128)
33.42%

Watched Threads