How do I begin my English coursework? (A Level) Watch

queentiggs
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi all, I'm a little late in starting my English coursework but now that I'm finally getting around to it I don't know where to begin!

I'm looking at The Picture of Dorian Gray (original uncensored Oscar Wilde version) and Crush (poetry collection by Richard Siken).

My theme is surrounding homosexuality but I haven't got a set question yet. I'm thinking of looking at the personal experience of homosexuality and whether it has changed in both the private and public eye but otherwise I don't know where to start.

I know I need 2,500 words and I'm following the AQA spec. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
If I were in your shoes I'd probably start by diving into homosexuality in both works. Make notes on what you read about both texts and if SparkNotes are available try reading some of those if you are stuck. Try to look at the public and private characteristics of the characters and the note down what you notice. Sorry if this advice isn't very helpful, but that's what I'd do now-although admittedly when I was at college I wasn't one for planning much or getting on with work in an immediate fashion. If you'd want more textual guidance then somebody else could aid you further-although I did read The Picture of Dorian Gray for a first-year English course back in 2013.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.75%
No (109)
32.25%

Watched Threads