The Student Room Group

University Rejection Appeal

Does anyone have an experience of sending an appeal letter in response to a university admission rejection from Queen Margaret University?
Original post by Zeeh90
Does anyone have an experience of sending an appeal letter in response to a university admission rejection from Queen Margaret University?

What is/are the grounds of your appeal?
Original post by Zeeh90

There isn't normally any appeals process for university admissions. Admission processes are based on academic judgement, for which there is never any appeal. You'd have to be able to evidence that there was some fault in process, such as part of your file not being passed by one team in the uni to another.
Reply 3
Original post by Reality Check
What is/are the grounds of your appeal?

well, I am basing it on the summary of the specific feedback received from the admission tutor that stated "insufficient insight into Radiography as a profession in the personal statement"...so I m hoping to be able to effectively articulate my reasons( which I must have failed to do in my personal statement)
Original post by Zeeh90
well, I am basing it on the summary of the specific feedback received from the admission tutor that stated "insufficient insight into Radiography as a profession in the personal statement"...so I m hoping to be able to effectively articulate my reasons( which I must have failed to do in my personal statement)

This is no grounds for an appeal and will be dismissed out of hand. You're essentially asking them to reconsider their academic judgement, which they will not do.

Best to move on and leave it. You're just wasting your time. If that institution doesn't want you as a student, I'm sure there's others you could apply to. In the meantime, rather than trying to appeal against their decision, it would be more constructive for you to take on board their feedback and develop your understanding of the profession and how you can demonstrate this at your next interview.
Reply 5
Original post by threeportdrift
There isn't normally any appeals process for university admissions. Admission processes are based on academic judgement, for which there is never any appeal. You'd have to be able to evidence that there was some fault in process, such as part of your file not being passed by one team in the uni to another.

thanks for the feedback @threeportdrift. Although, I already have a formal letter drafted out in response to the feedback I received from the admission board.... but would love to get clarification on whether to send it directly as an email or attach it to the e-mail I intend sending to the admission email.
I thought I would weigh in here - I successful appealed my undergrad UCL rejection a few years back. It is a careful balance of stating that their assessment of you was wrong, without as RC said coming across as questioning their academic judgement. TBH there is nothing to lose by doing so, only get your pride hurt and get your hopes up about a decision change.
Original post by Noodlzzz
I thought I would weigh in here - I successful appealed my undergrad UCL rejection a few years back. It is a careful balance of stating that their assessment of you was wrong, without as RC said coming across as questioning their academic judgement. TBH there is nothing to lose by doing so, only get your pride hurt and get your hopes up about a decision change.

I want to know how to appeal UCL too. I sent an email asking for the feedback in December I haven't received any response from them :'(
Reply 8
Could you please give more details of what you wrote in your appeal and also if you mailed them or called them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending