First I was trapped in rural china, Now I'm trapped in my apartment. Watch

SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
So I live in china (obviously). I posted a while ago that I was trapped in the mountains after visiting my friend's rural village for spring festival for a week...but ended up being there for nearly 3.

We finally managed to get back to Chongqing after the road blocks were (slightly) loosened.

But now I am trapped in my apartment in Chongqing. All community buildins have security guards. My building has installed a ticket system and temperaturw checks to be allowed in and out of your home.

I have a ticket to let me out and back in valid between feb 16th and Feb 18th. I'll be stock piling food. No one knows how long china is going to stay in lockdown. Some are saying until late march. I live alone so it is quite isolating.

Let me know if you have any questions about the situation in china or in general....I'm incredibly bored.
MiaNova
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Wow, that sucks
Can you not talk to / see your family & friends?

Maybe watch something online?
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
(Original post by MiaNova)
Wow, that sucks
Can you not talk to / see your family & friends?

Maybe watch something online?
The time difference can make it difficult to speak to my family properly. But we do try.

I've already binged so much TV haha.

I'm just craving human interaction. I've been starved of proper human interaction for 3 weeks already, looks like it'll be at least another 3 weeks of isolation.

Hate to say it, but I miss the mountains and the old lady who always shouted at me for not wearing 20 layers of clothing
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Are the authorities preparing for a spike in births in the autumn/winter???
SophieSmall
Rep:
?
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Are the authorities preparing for a spike in births in the autumn/winter???
Haha I'm not sure 😂🤣 I hadn't even thought of that
ageshallnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by SophieSmall)
Haha I'm not sure 😂🤣 I hadn't even thought of that
You read it here first!!! 😁
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
many people are in different types of trap
Here's Elvis

Last edited by NJA; 4 days ago
CanRelate
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
ugh that sounds annoying if you have an instrument try making up your own song on it. Stuff like learning another language or even putting on some music and dancing around can really make you feel a lot better, sing ridiculously loud or colouring and drawing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (229)
67.75%
No (109)
32.25%

Watched Threads