Kayluis
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I don't know whether to study Marketing or International Tourism Management at University. Also, is the maths side of marketing hard?
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are very sure of the travel and tour industry, then a very specific degree may be more helpful, but it may be limiting your choices. Experience is everything and a marketing degree with some options or projects in tourism will not be a disadvantage. Maths? Not really, unless you intend to go into the analytics side of marketing.
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kayluis)
I don't know whether to study Marketing or International Tourism Management at University. Also, is the maths side of marketing hard?
Hey Kayluis,

Have you considered Management with Marketing at Bath?

With the Management aspect, there is maths involved in first year because the idea is to get everyone on the same level. However, if maths if not your thing, it is pretty much avoidable after first year because you get more say in your unit choices. As the previous poster mentioned, the maths in marketing tends to be limited to digital analytics and we only did one module in this!

If you are worried about the maths aspects, you would certainly not be alone! I found the lecturers for these modules were well prepared to support us with practise questions, seminars and quick email responses - plus there is MASH which is a maths support service.

Hope this makes sense. If you have any more questions, just quote me.

Alice,
Final Year Management, University of Bath
Last edited by University of Bath; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (251)
33.96%
No (488)
66.04%

Watched Threads