Report 4 days ago
I would say the teen with the cast on someone else give the old lady a seat
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
Not to sound rude but why don't you sit in the priority seat? Even if you are in a disabled seat you still shouldn't have to give it up. Fight for your case you should have every right to sit in a priority seat, get a blue badge, get discounts on public transport etc IMO but yeah you do you 🤗
You don't sound rude at all. I never consider it a 'disability' I suppose, compared to other conditions that people *could* have. I guess given they are both invisible conditions (unless I'm wearing my knee/elbow brace) means I'm more likely to be asked to move anyway (which obviously isn't right, but people will still ask). I don't think I'm eligible for a blue badge or anything like that - at least I don't think so... :beard:
Mayuxue
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Broken leg, because it’s literally agony for them to stand
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Brilliant question. Both need seats imo. Get someone else to offer as well.Everyone happy then.
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
You don't sound rude at all. I never consider it a 'disability' I suppose, compared to other conditions that people *could* have. I guess given they are both invisible conditions (unless I'm wearing my knee/elbow brace) means I'm more likely to be asked to move anyway (which obviously isn't right, but people will still ask). I don't think I'm eligible for a blue badge or anything like that - at least I don't think so... :beard:
there are two ways to get a blue badge.
Put in a claim for pip. If you are awarded a mobility component scoring 8 points you can get one automatically. Or download the blue badge application form from your local council, fill it in and you will have an assessment to see if you qualify. It costs £10 and is valid for three years
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
You still not give up your seat IMO lol I know I wouldn't if I was in your situation
JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I think it'd be a sensible idea to ask the old lady if she'd be ok if the person with crutches could sit on her.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
67.34%
No (114)
32.66%

Watched Threads