caitdudley1003
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
i started a level 3 extended diploma course in sep. 2018 and fully completed my first year. i started my 2nd year in sep. 2019 and started my ucas application not long after, stating that i was applying through my college. however in Jan. 2020 i left my college and moved from England to wales as i did not enjoy my course anymore and wanted to move home too. However now i have changed my mind again and want to contiue with my ucas application but i am no longer at College so am i still able to apply for uni (i know i have already missed the main deadline) and what would i do about my education? would i say that i just did the one year and got the subsidiary diploma or do i say i was on the two year course but not put in any expected grades for the second year? also do i need to completely restart my application as im not applying through college? another thing i am struggling with is that i am struggling financially and will struggle to fit in paying the application fee and was wandering if there was any way around that too? Thank you.
remussjhj01
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Ring up UCAS and ask them.
One thing I will say is that it's unlikely you'll be accepted onto any degree course with just a subdip, as they're only equivalent to 1 a-level. You wouldn't be able to mention the 2nd year I would think as you didn't complete it.
You might be best off taking a year out and applying for 2021 entry and completing your BTEC or doing another qualification.
Speak to UCAS though and see what they say.
Liverpool Hope University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by caitdudley1003)
i started a level 3 extended diploma course in sep. 2018 and fully completed my first year. i started my 2nd year in sep. 2019 and started my ucas application not long after, stating that i was applying through my college. however in Jan. 2020 i left my college and moved from England to wales as i did not enjoy my course anymore and wanted to move home too. However now i have changed my mind again and want to contiue with my ucas application but i am no longer at College so am i still able to apply for uni (i know i have already missed the main deadline) and what would i do about my education? would i say that i just did the one year and got the subsidiary diploma or do i say i was on the two year course but not put in any expected grades for the second year? also do i need to completely restart my application as im not applying through college? another thing i am struggling with is that i am struggling financially and will struggle to fit in paying the application fee and was wandering if there was any way around that too? Thank you.
Hi Cait ,

Please see the below response to your queries.

- You can still apply through UCAS as normal though you will need references.
- You would only indicate that you received the subsidiary diploma.
- If you have an application already halfway finished you could still access it but will have to change the details about the qualifications and update the personal statement.
- You have your grades for last year you won't need to indicate expected grades.
- In regards to paying for the application the only way I'm aware of is that you could reduce the cost is by not paying for the 5 choices though you could contact UCAS to see.

I hope this helps.

Patrick :lep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (375)
67.32%
No (182)
32.68%

Watched Threads