Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
I’ve passed all my mocks, my highest is a 9 and my lowest is a 3. If I don’t do well my life is going to suck, I’ve been stressing for so long my teachers keep drilling it in that we don’t have a lot of time
Max^2
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You've not really passed ALL your mocks if a 3 is your lowest, but if your highest is a 9 and you passed all the other ones I'm sure you'll do alright
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’ve passed all my mocks, my highest is a 9 and my lowest is a 3. If I don’t do well my life is going to suck, I’ve been stressing for so long my teachers keep drilling it in that we don’t have a lot of time
Your life is not going to suck if you don’t get all 9s, it is fine to have ‘weaknesses’ in certain subjects.

Just work as hard as you can and try not to worry about it, you could possibly make a revision timetable? To keep you on track if that’s going to help.

Good luck
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hazelly)
Your life is not going to suck if you don’t get all 9s, it is fine to have ‘weaknesses’ in certain subjects.

Just work as hard as you can and try not to worry about it, you could possibly make a revision timetable? To keep you on track if that’s going to help.

Good luck
It is going to suck, they’re the most important exams so far and there’s people who get straight 9s. I don’t have any motivation to revise anymore
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
It is going to suck, they’re the most important exams so far and there’s people who get straight 9s. I don’t have any motivation to revise anymore
There’s a small proportion of students who do actually achieve 9s in the UK if you look at statistics (not the statistics of students on TSR!).

Have you started revising yet?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Hazelly)
There’s a small proportion of students who do actually achieve 9s in the UK if you look at statistics (not the statistics of students on TSR!).

Have you started revising yet?
No, I’m still being set a sh** ton of homework and I’m so stressed if I don’t do well I’m not going to be successful in life
mansnothot6969
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
what are your weakest and strongest subjects
Anonymous #1
(Original post by mansnothot6969)
what are your weakest and strongest subjects
Weakest - sciences & maths
Strongest - english & languages
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
You're just repeating what you've been told.

It's in schools' interest to tell their children that GCSEs will 'decide your future' because the schools need to perform well. You're their products, and 'The Government' comes down on them if they don't pass quality assurance. So they're not gonna tell you "just do your best, but it doesn't matter if you fail".

GCSEs don't dictate anything in life and employers don't really care. You can even do Maths and/or English on the side for a few weeks and pass it WHILE ON THE JOB. Schools stretch it out over 2 years, it's laughable.

Plus you can do GCSEs (and A Levels, uni, whatever) whenever you want at any time, it's not exactly once-in-a-lifetime.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
why is the OP anon lmao (asked for the thread to be moved to GCSEs) also GCSEs don't matter that much unless you are looking to apply to Oxbridge you do not need to achieve full 9's
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Weakest - sciences & maths
Strongest - english & languages
what did you get in your mock? also Sir Cumference might be able to give you some maths tips
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 1st superstar)
what did you get in your mock? also Sir Cumference might be able to give you some maths tips
Chem- 3
Maths- 5
Biology- 4
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 1st superstar)
why is the OP anon lmao (asked for the thread to be moved to GCSEs) also GCSEs don't matter that much unless you are looking to apply to Oxbridge you do not need to achieve full 9's
Because I don’t want my identity to be revealed because I’ve just put my grades out on the internet???
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
but overall just do practice papers and seek advice from teachers
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)

It's in schools' interest to tell their children that GCSEs will 'decide your future' because the schools need to perform well. You're their products, and 'The Government' comes down on them if they don't pass quality assurance. So they're not gonna tell you "just do your best, but it doesn't matter if you fail".

GCSEs don't dictate anything in life and employers don't really care. You can even do Maths and/or English on the side for a few weeks and pass it WHILE ON THE JOB. Schools stretch it out over 2 years, it's laughable.

Plus you can do GCSEs (and A Levels, uni, whatever) whenever you want at any time, it's not exactly once-in-a-lifetime.
While you're right in a sense - I still think it's good to try your best to pass as soon as you can otherwise it just becomes an inconvenience later on down the road.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ozzyoscy)

agreed focus on post-GCSE grades mainly (as long as your GCSE grades are decent then your fine IMO)
ovetsss
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
you still have time, ive improved 3 levels in sciences and ive done minimal revison in a short time. Trust me its not too late, most people start march and do REALLY well.
Dont stress its going to make it worse
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
This is true but what other exams have you done so far? Provided you pass enough subjects they're really of no use. You have plenty of people with less than stellar GCSEs that go on to do very well. Equally, some of the people you see getting straight 9s might hit a wall and not do too special later on down the line. What matters more, as to what you can do in the future, is the qualifications you do when leaving school. These are just a stepping stone for those.
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by _gcx)
While you're right in a sense - I still think it's good to try your best to pass as soon as you can otherwise it just becomes an inconvenience later on down the road.
also agree with this get at least A-levels/BTEC/T-levels/apprenticeship out of the way first then go from there
big-L
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Have you seriously taken my post off anonymous so now people I know can figure out who I am
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (251)
66.58%
No (126)
33.42%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed