_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by big-L)
I’ve got 9s in the subjects I wanna do for A level and I’m scared I won’t do well in A Levels either
Honestly it's hard to say when you're just starting out! Someone might go from a 7 at GCSE to an A* at A-level, or a 9 at GCSE to a B/C at A-level. I think the reason for this is that grades don't really say anything about effort or potential. The person who got that 7 at GCSE might have not tried as hard as they could have and had plenty of room for improvement, and potential to study that subject further if they pull their socks up effort-wise, whereas the person who got that 9 could've struggled to get to that level and struggled with the transition to A-level. Hopefully it should become clear after you've been doing A-levels for a while. (bear in mind some people do improve considerably between year 12 and year 13!)
_gcx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by big-L)
Have you seriously taken my post off anonymous so now people I know can figure out who I am
This subforum doesn't have anonymous posts enabled, unfortunately. So none of your previous posts will be unanonymised but any further posts can't be anoned.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by _gcx)
While you're right in a sense - I still think it's good to try your best to pass as soon as you can otherwise it just becomes an inconvenience later on down the road.
What inconvenience though?
steamed-hams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
sad to see the tremendous amount of pressure put on what 15 year olds to pass exams
teachers don't care about students they care about the spreadsheets
big-L
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bump
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by big-L)
Bump
You're bumping... after an hour?

Try replying to people instead.
azby1098
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I might be of help with English

I am running a business currently in order to raise money for an expedition in 2021.

In order to raise the funds I have created sample papers for GCSE AQA English Literature and Language. With this, I am hoping to distribute the papers across the country for Year 10 and 11s in the post that you can complete and send back to our address. These will then be marked by experienced English markers, who mark for AQA, and the marks will be returned to you, and your scripts will be returned to you by email (scanned it).
** Most importantly : with your marks we will send you a detailed personalised document containing top tips on how you can improve, and these will be written by the examiners who mark your paper**

If you are interested, please reply the cost will be £5, which is very cheap considering the experience of examiners and the tips you will be given back which is personalised.

This is a very lucky opportunity, and when I used a similar service this time last year it really benefited me and it helped me progress from 6s to 9s.

Thank you
Last edited by azby1098; 1 week ago
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by big-L)
Have you seriously taken my post off anonymous so now people I know can figure out who I am
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
You're bumping... after an hour?

Try replying to people instead.
This is their post (Big-L's) so they have the right to bump the thread
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by 1st superstar)
This is their post (Big-L's) so they have the right to bump the thread
And this is my post so I have the right to say "you're 'bumping' after only an hour?"

However I'm sure silly bumps are gonna be against the rules, if that's important to you.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It is going to suck, they’re the most important exams so far and there’s people who get straight 9s. I don’t have any motivation to revise anymore
Most important so far doesn't mean they're actually that important
big-L
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And this is my post so I have the right to say "you're 'bumping' after only an hour?"

However I'm sure silly bumps are gonna be against the rules, if that's important to you.
Calm down my guy don’t stress over it
Last edited by big-L; 1 week ago
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by big-L)
Calm down my guy don’t stress over it
You've made an anonymous thread acting as if your life's over at 15 because of GCSEs, and you're gonna start telling yourself other people are stressed or not calm?
pinesandapples2001
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Chill out, you're going to be fine, and believe me there's more to life than exams. Good luck and be calm xx ❤️
big-L
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You've made an anonymous thread acting as if your life's over at 15 because of GCSEs, and you're gonna start telling yourself other people are stressed or not calm?
You’re making a massive deal out of this LMAO stressing over GCSEs and stressing over “bump” are two very different things xx
ozzyoscy
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by big-L)
You’re making a massive deal out of this LMAO stressing over GCSEs and stressing over “bump” are two very different things xx
Wow you're really dramatic. Like others have said you need to chill. You're not actually laughing either, why are you so nervous? Calm down man.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (267)
60.96%
Yes- I don't like it (21)
4.79%
No- I want it (117)
26.71%
No- I don't want it (33)