luke78
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I am currently studying AS further maths with WJEC and just did a past paper for the Further Pure unit and my grade was a D. I'm panicking like hell because I am practically teaching myself half of it (i am teaching myself most of further pure and some of further stats because i either dont have a teacher or because my teacher doesn't even teach it to us) and need some guidance.

Could anyone help me?

Are there any specific youtube channels i could learn from?? Would appreciate anything at this stage

I'm aiming to at least get a B in the subject.
mathsisuwu
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I was in your situation before. Heres my story: I got a D from a mock paper a few months before the exam(because I joined the school only in December and was still in the process of learning the content on my own. I got an A on further maths with further mechanics Edexcel AS during summer. What I did was stacks of questions from the Pearson endorsed textbook for Edexcel( idk about WJEC) and doing loads of past papers to get me prepped. I haven't been loyal to a specific youtuber but I used to watch exam solutions because his explainations are quite easy to understand. If you need to grasp some understanding quick, I would recommend Dr frost maths : . I use this website quite a lot to teach myself instead of waiting for the teacher to teach it for me. Do past papers and specimen papers. Time yourself if you need. Check mark schemes. Learn from mistakes. Don't let the D bring your hopes down as I'm an evidence that its not over yet. All the best.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
67.34%
No (114)
32.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed