MSc English Literature - Second Personal Statement Requested Watch

bob_drop
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
First time posting here. I just completed a round of applications for postgraduate schools in the U.K. I am applying with a reasonable GPA of 3.7 (First/High 2:1 depending on grading scheme) and still waiting for one of my professors to finish his letter of recommendation on my applications.

Today, I received an email asking me to fill out another personal statement called "Structured Personal Statement." I can't tell if they didn't like my essay, or felt it didn't address the prompt adequately. I am assuming this isn't common a procedure, the questions are specifically about my background, program goals, and what courses I am interested in... questions which were asked in the prompt and which I thought I answered as extensively as possible.

Does anyone know anything about this form?
Last edited by bob_drop; 1 week ago
ButterflyBlue
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Perhaps it's just in their administrative procedures to ask students in fill in the form. If you have answered those questions comprehensively in your first personal statement, you may email them and ask what exactly the form is asking for and if you should just duplicate the info for the sake of admin. I find it to be quite confusing so if I were you, I would email them. I wouldn't read too much into it either. I don't think it says anything about the quality of your first statement particularly. Good luck with your applications!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (407)
68.06%
No (191)
31.94%

Watched Threads