jessxann
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
When calculating the mean for a set of daily average windspeed data, do you treat the n/a as 0 (and keep the number days to use in the calculation) or just ignore it all together? Any help is appreciated!!
aioheuiawe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jessxann)
When calculating the mean for a set of daily average windspeed data, do you treat the n/a as 0 (and keep the number days to use in the calculation) or just ignore it all together? Any help is appreciated!!
n/a fields represent 'not available' so you have to ignore it from your data - there is no reading.
iirc - i'm terrible at stats so if somebody can correct me, go ahead :d but what I said makes sense, right? haha
dj_ad_1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by jessxann)
Ive always used N/A as 0 as in i dont include it in the mean. If its a 'tr' then you have to use 0.05.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (431)
67.77%
No (205)
32.23%

Watched Threads