Is 3 months enough to get an A in a level? Watch

Safwana Ahmed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hello! I am a student of AS level and I have only 79 days left for my exams. I have Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I am taking both AS and A2 exams for chemistry this coming May and I have a total of 11 papers. Now my target grade is an A for Biology, B for chemistry( AS and A2 combined ) and a B for Physics. Now i do understand that i do not have much time left for my exams and maybe this time is too less to get my target grades but i would still love to try as hard as I can and give it my best shot. I want to ask for all of yours' advice on how to get those grades, like how many hours do I have to study, how should I review, how should I plan and like. Thanks to all of you for your precious suggestions and support already.😁
Mollyanne2003
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
What are you working from - if you’re a B student or a F student the approaches are very different!
Safwana Ahmed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
(Original post by Mollyanne2003)
What are you working from - if you’re a B student or a F student the approaches are very different!
I haven't taken any tests on Physics yet so I am not very sure about my conditions in Physics. But i can say that i am not very good at it. Like I get D. In chemistry in the recent tests I have been getting C. Same for Biology. Then again I didn't work hard enough for good grades before those exams and I am for sure capable of doing better if I actually don't waste time and work. Now with only days left I am determined to give my best
Mollyanne2003
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Safwana Ahmed)
I haven't taken any tests on Physics yet so I am not very sure about my conditions in Physics. But i can say that i am not very good at it. Like I get D. In chemistry in the recent tests I have been getting C. Same for Biology. Then again I didn't work hard enough for good grades before those exams and I am for sure capable of doing better if I actually don't waste time and work. Now with only days left I am determined to give my best
You still have a few months you can do it! My friend went from a No Award in Maths to an A last year so anytging is possible! You just need to get super pro active now with revision - lunchtime clubs, having a timetable, I find 2 hours of revision a day is really useful for me understanding the course, even if it’s just making Quizlet flashcards or reading my English novel again. If you have others in your class who you are friends with and are also trying to improve, see if you are a good study buddy with them (not distracting or overly crazy!) and test each other, teach each other things you don’t know - this is coming from a Scottish Student who got straight A’s last year! YouTube videos I find really useful as well, I have also made videos in the past trying to teach a subject, then watched them back and noted down what I didn’t know. Blurting on a mind map with given topics, go back through your notes and write in another colour what you didn’t know, redo the mind map, see what you remember until you can do it all. Learn your vocab for Biology and get those equations for chem into your head - you can only do it by doing it again and again!!
dj_ad_1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Safwana Ahmed)
Hello! I am a student of AS level and I have only 79 days left for my exams. I have Physics, Chemistry and Biology. I am taking both AS and A2 exams for chemistry this coming May and I have a total of 11 papers. Now my target grade is an A for Biology, B for chemistry( AS and A2 combined ) and a B for Physics. Now i do understand that i do not have much time left for my exams and maybe this time is too less to get my target grades but i would still love to try as hard as I can and give it my best shot. I want to ask for all of yours' advice on how to get those grades, like how many hours do I have to study, how should I review, how should I plan and like. Thanks to all of you for your precious suggestions and support already.😁
Personally i think u can get the grades that u want u just have to put the effort and time and ull get what u deserve.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (230)
67.45%
No (111)
32.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed