17 year old girl and 20 year old boy dating Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am 17 years old (girl) and me and this boy who’s 20 have been speaking for a while on and off since I was about 14, he was 16.
Me and him bounce off eachother, I mean we have always got on and he isn’t “immature” he just makes me feel so loved and cared for, age doesn’t come into mind when we are together or talking. It’s like we should be together but something is holding us back. My dad isn’t too thrilled, my mum and the rest of my family are more relaxed about it. I just feel like I couldn’t of met a better match even if I tried and I’m not interested in anyone else. I’m not desperate for a relationship at all, but I feel dumb if I let him go. I work, he works. We both have the same morals and have loads in common. I can’t even believe I’m asking if it’s ok or not because to me it’s so normal. Advice please
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It gets to a point where it's less about the age and age difference than the maturity of the individuals. In your case, you both have jobs and understand the demands of working, budgeting etc, as well as whatever else you have in common, so being 17 and 20 isn't an issue. However, is the something holding you back actually you? You put 'dating' in the title, then say you're not desperate for a relationship, so what are you wanting with this guy?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Surnia)
It gets to a point where it's less about the age and age difference than the maturity of the individuals. In your case, you both have jobs and understand the demands of working, budgeting etc, as well as whatever else you have in common, so being 17 and 20 isn't an issue. However, is the something holding you back actually you? You put 'dating' in the title, then say you're not desperate for a relationship, so what are you wanting with this guy?
What I mean is I want to be in a relationship with him because I like him so much it’s not as if I just want a boyfriend for the sake of it. We want to go on holiday together and all sorts. Thanks
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What I mean is I want to be in a relationship with him because I like him so much it’s not as if I just want a boyfriend for the sake of it. We want to go on holiday together and all sorts. Thanks
In that case - go for it! Don't sit around thinking "what if..." and regret not making a move.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
I am 17 years old (girl) and me and this boy who’s 20 have been speaking for a while on and off since I was about 14, he was 16.
Me and him bounce off eachother, I mean we have always got on and he isn’t “immature” he just makes me feel so loved and cared for, age doesn’t come into mind when we are together or talking. It’s like we should be together but something is holding us back. My dad isn’t too thrilled, my mum and the rest of my family are more relaxed about it. I just feel like I couldn’t of met a better match even if I tried and I’m not interested in anyone else. I’m not desperate for a relationship at all, but I feel dumb if I let him go. I work, he works. We both have the same morals and have loads in common. I can’t even believe I’m asking if it’s ok or not because to me it’s so normal. Advice please
Go for it. Explain to him what and why you want what you want. You are t going to marry your dad in the end
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
I guess when ur 18 then its fine cos ull be talking to him for ages and ull be legal to get married and stuff cos if u think about it uve talked to him for 2 years so clearly ur both patient and just waiting for the right time.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I guess when ur 18 then its fine cos ull be talking to him for ages and ull be legal to get married and stuff cos if u think about it uve talked to him for 2 years so clearly ur both patient and just waiting for the right time.
Thank you but I just think like why wait 5 months until I’m 18 like is there any point? Just in a sticky situation really. My family are just saying it’s not concerning them so if he treats me well then go for it and they wish me the best now. A huge part of me feels stupid to even have been talking to him for this long and no actual relationship. Thanks again
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My family have met him and like him and I told them the situation. Just where do I go from here lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (467)
59.19%
Yes- I don't like it (43)
5.45%
No- I want it (226)
28.64%
No- I don't want it (53)
6.72%

Watched Threads