katieowen1x
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
anyone know how i can pass re gcse when i got a grade 2 in my mocks?
Teddy_R
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Heyo
I kinda dropped GCSE RS but I'm taking it a level and am the ambassador - I use the following tricks BC I'm lazy:
1) when revising I just briefly understand the concepts
- then use flashcards and mind maps for key words - especially with something like Buddhism
2) you can also incorporate a few quotes into the mind map and other revision - but not too many as it'll be harder to remember and you may cause yourself to forget something you actually need.
3) examples are your friend, provide a good enough example to prove your point and it may count as evidence
4) when in the exam try to define as many key terms as possible as they are a cheeky way of getting some free marks

- hopes this helps <3

(Original post by katieowen1x)
anyone know how i can pass re gcse when i got a grade 2 in my mocks?
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got Grade 9 in my GCSE, with overall 92%.
I barely revised because knowing all the content and using exam technique is the key. I'm not sure which exam board you do, but ask your teacher for the proper exam technique- there are common structures to use. I learnt quotes mainly, using quizlet:
1. Type in half the quote as the prompt, and the whole quote as the answer.
2. Then use the 'writing' revision technique.
I learnt all quotes using that, then make a few mindmaps on the specific topics and have a go at planning the longer answers.
This helps loads!
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do lots of exam practice especially for the long mark questions and regularly revise key quotes. flashcards are good for summarising key facts. i presume a lack of knowledge of content and exam technique is what got you the low grade.
Hailey629
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Honestly make sure u know ur key words and the key quotes from the religious text I’m in year 10 and i had gotten an 8+ in my work I had only missed out on 5 marks but I also knew stuff as I was religious. But key words and know how to structure your work out
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (4)
14.81%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (17)
62.96%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (4)
14.81%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (1)
3.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (1)
3.7%

Watched Threads