University help/mistake about firm choice Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
firmed Leeds a month ago and want to firm Durham now I’ve seen my college allocation. However, my only put off is that I’m from a very low income family and don’t have the funds to pay for £8k a year accommodation (it’s catered) and this would take my student loan. Should I keep with the security of Leeds where I stay at home?
emily_000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
firmed Leeds a month ago and want to firm Durham now I’ve seen my college allocation. However, my only put off is that I’m from a very low income family and don’t have the funds to pay for £8k a year accommodation (it’s catered) and this would take my student loan. Should I keep with the security of Leeds where I stay at home?
If you want to go to Durham 100% then change your firm choice and insurance choice (if they let you to so) and find a part time job. DO NOT WORK during university, find a part time job now that you're not at uni save up and go to durham. During your second and third year find people who are willing to share a house with you (cause houses are cheaper, the average cost of a student house is £5k.

on the other hand if you cannot find a job, you cannot afford it and your parents are not willing to help you then go to Leeds.
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Which course? Any reason to think Durham would be a better course? There are other universities which have cheaper options.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 29 Jun '20
  • Durham University
    Sat, 4 Jul '20
  • Durham University
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Do you get study leave?