Tigergirl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
how many marks would I lose for playing a grade 5 solo piece and grade 3 solo piece and a grade 5 ensemble piece for my performance?
anom.econ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When I did GCSE Music, I was told that you can only get full marks if you do grade 5 or above, and even though I was on a higher grade I just did a grade 5 solo and ensemble piece but played it as perfectly as possible and got full marks. So your ensemble piece would be fine, but I would say go for the grade 5 solo piece because these are easy marks that you need to get as many as possible so your grade doesn't rely on the written test as much etc
Tigergirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by anom.econ)
When I did GCSE Music, I was told that you can only get full marks if you do grade 5 or above, and even though I was on a higher grade I just did a grade 5 solo and ensemble piece but played it as perfectly as possible and got full marks. So your ensemble piece would be fine, but I would say go for the grade 5 solo piece because these are easy marks that you need to get as many as possible so your grade doesn't rely on the written test as much etc
I will need to play the grade 5 solo piece and the grade 3 solo piece so that I meet the time criteria (minimum of 4 min ) ... will this cost me any marks? Thank You
Last edited by Tigergirl; 1 week ago
anom.econ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Tigergirl)
I will need to play the grade 5 solo piece and the grade 3 solo piece so that I meet the time criteria (minimum of 4 min ) ... will this cost me any marks? Thank You
No because you're showing the skills in the grade 5 piece. Just make sure you can play the grade 3 piece perfectly.
Tigergirl
Rep:
?
(Original post by anom.econ)
No because you're showing the skills in the grade 5 piece. Just make sure you can play the grade 3 piece perfectly.
Great thank u
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Exeter campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 27 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (347)
60.35%
Yes- I don't like it (30)
5.22%