kezzamarie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hi all really sorry if this has been asked before, or im in wrong place. this is my first post!!

My daughter turns 3 in April and weve been looking forward to the 30 hours free childcare as shes will be the age. Which is what we were relying on to help us when i start my SCITT PGCE course in September.

However after speaking to HMRC today they have told me i wont be eligible for it because i wont be working and both parents need to work.

Do you know if there is anything that i can apply for that would help with this, as we cant afford to pay for full time childcare out of our own pocket, with myself not working.

thanks in advance everyone.
SFE Ashley
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by kezzamarie)
Hi all really sorry if this has been asked before, or im in wrong place. this is my first post!!

My daughter turns 3 in April and weve been looking forward to the 30 hours free childcare as shes will be the age. Which is what we were relying on to help us when i start my SCITT PGCE course in September.

However after speaking to HMRC today they have told me i wont be eligible for it because i wont be working and both parents need to work.

Do you know if there is anything that i can apply for that would help with this, as we cant afford to pay for full time childcare out of our own pocket, with myself not working.

thanks in advance everyone.
Hi there,

Will you be applying for Student Finance England funding as a Home Student (Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants)? If so, you may be eligible to receive the Childcare Grant (CCG), you can read more about this here.

Thanks, Ashley.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?