iyigunler
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
how do i start revising properly, and actively as well? i do maths chem and bio and have nearly finished the course for each subject. can i just do past papers from now and identify weaknesses? would that be a good idea?

errrr99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Hello, is this A level? It is a great idea to do past papers as you have nearly finished the course.

Active revision means that you test yourself or write your own notes from memory rather than just reading though the textbook.

Good luck!
iyigunler
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 days ago
(Original post by errrr99)
Hello, is this A level? It is a great idea to do past papers as you have nearly finished the course.

Active revision means that you test yourself or write your own notes from memory rather than just reading though the textbook.

Good luck!
yes a level! so its not too late? and could i possibly go from BCD TO AAB? in 3 and a half months? i have been revising in bits throughout the year so i do have abit of knowledge
Matthew Griffy
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Check out a YouTuber called Ali Abdaal. He studied Medicine at Cambridge. He’s made a few YouTube videos about how he revised to get where he is. His strategies improved my grades drastically.
errrr99
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
First of all, don't panic. Secondly, stay positive and make a plan. Your emotional and psychological skills will get you through this difficult 3 and a half months.

Thirdly, it is not too late, remember your study skills will be useful for the rest of your life, not just these next few months, and the process of studying and following your plan (and modifying your plan as appropriate) is important to get used to as a life skill. In other words, concentrate on the process of studying which is the important bit and not just your eventual grades of AAB.
MattClaw
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Don’t sweat it, just revise, have a few days off here and there, and chill.
People tend to cluster this time of year and go into panic mode, don’t, do the work that’s required and ensure you include rest days and whatnot.
I’m in the same position, currently at A*AA in chemistry biology and history. Don’t panic, do your thing, in your time.
Kutie Karen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 days ago
Make a plan and try and stick to it as much as possible. Make your own notes and understand what you have learned. Relax and have some down time away from your revision. Good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (43)
24.29%
No, but I have thought about it (48)
27.12%
No (86)
48.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise