?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Apply independently. She has phd
kiyuni
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i’m pretty sure any adult that knows you can do it. i’m not completely sure, in my school we were given random teachers as our references (sometimes we didn’t even know the teacher and had to request someone else)
Thnvig
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by kiyuni)
i’m pretty sure any adult that knows you can do it. i’m not completely sure, in my school we were given random teachers as our references (sometimes we didn’t even know the teacher and had to request someone else)
aha
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Thnvig)
Apply independently. She has phd
In most cases Uni's will ask for a reference from someone familiar with your academic work at your most recent place of study.

You can certainly nominate your tutor as a ref, but be aware it's up to each Uni whether they insist on something from your place of study. If you are entered for exams only as an external candidate, they are likely to be a bit more lenient.
ibby68
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
In most cases Uni's will ask for a reference from someone familiar with your academic work at your most recent place of study.

You can certainly nominate your tutor as a ref, but be aware it's up to each Uni whether they insist on something from your place of study. If you are entered for exams only as an external candidate, they are likely to be a bit more lenient.
Hi I am in a similar position to the OP, I can get a reference from my business tutor for my Business A level but am self teaching Computer Science A level, I am also taking exams externally with no college. How would I go about getting a reference or even a predicted grade for computer science.Also I can get a predicted grade/reference for my third A level(Maths), it is literally just my computer science A level.
Last edited by ibby68; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?