Am i being to hard on myself. Watch

MattClaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So it’s the first day of the mid term break for me and i got up motivated to study, and immediately went straight into alkanes(as chemistry) and burnt myself out within a few hours.
I haven’t had the motivation to get back at it all day so i’ve just called it a day honestly.
But now i feel guilty because i usually just get on with it but i honestly couldn’t be bothered right now.
Am i being too hard on myself or?
I just had the thought it would be better to start fresh in the morning.

ae339
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know exactly how you feel and I’ve come to realise that it’s completely fair to admit that you’re not in the right mindset to revise. Sometimes you can work through it but if it’s really not happening then I think it’s more likely to just stress you out and make you less motivated if you try to keep going. I would say take the time off that you need to reset and then you can come back to it later with a different mindset.
MattClaw
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by ae339)
I know exactly how you feel and I’ve come to realise that it’s completely fair to admit that you’re not in the right mindset to revise. Sometimes you can work through it but if it’s really not happening then I think it’s more likely to just stress you out and make you less motivated if you try to keep going. I would say take the time off that you need to reset and then you can come back to it later with a different mindset.
100% my guy. You’re spot on, id rather revise with a clear head and actually ingest the information rather than sit there waisting my time. Especially with chemistry, and i’ve done that before in the previous months and it’s got me nowhere.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?