Should I take Two languages at GCSE level Watch

tkmsmc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm really interested and enjoy both languages (French and Spanish) and was thinking about taking both, however, I also think that it could be very difficult to get 7/8/9 in these.Any suggestions are helpful!
kiyuni
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
You’re more likely to get good grades when studying subjects you’re interested in and you like, take that into account.

It may be hard for others if they aren’t completely enthusiastic about it, but if you really enjoy the languages then studying won’t seem like a chore
LMR127
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I take both French and Spanish at GCSE and it's not too much work. They compliment each other well and have many similar words, although sometimes I get them mixed up because they're so similar. Honestly I find Spanish much easier to do well in and the grade boundaries are much nicer.
It's not difficult to get high grades if you're passionate about them and willing to put the hours in. Learn your tenses, do vocab on memrise and do practise questions and you'll be set. Just by doing this, I got an 8 in French and a 9 in Spanish in my mocks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (532)
66.67%
No (266)
33.33%

Watched Threads