umzyxx
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
Hi guys I am currently in yr 11. I want to study in an area based in health and I would like to do nursing. Any idea if which 3 options I should choose?
PurpleHexagon
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
biology, chemistry and maths would probably be the best options but you can get away with doing something else instead of maths if you really want to for example my friend is doing English or I’ve heard that psychology can be an interesting and relevant subject for medicine. However traditionally the best three would be bio, chem and maths
umzyxx
Rep:
?
I thought the same but the 3 are tough subjects 🙈
Marsharko
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by umzyxx)
I thought the same but the 3 are tough subjects 🙈
Biology and Chemistry will keep open most jobs (if not all) in healthcare for you.

If you are interested in studying at Oxbridge, then maths as a 3rd choice is a good call.

What about these subjects are you worried about? I do Chemistry, Biology and Psychology but I did Maths for a long time before dropping it.

For me, the hardest thing is the Y2 maths in Chemistry. But it really it's not a big section of the entire course. The maths in Biology is more of a puzzle than actual maths.
umzyxx
Rep:
?
thankyou I will keep in mind whether to do physiology or maths
ArtmisKco
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
How about you do health and social care? I have a couple of friends who do it and they have offers for paediatric nursing, mental health nursing and adult nursing?
umzyxx
Rep:
?
am thinking in going into midwifery
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • St George's, University of London
    Postgrad open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20
  • University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (228)
67.66%
No (109)
32.34%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise