The Student Room Group

I really need advice on sorting out my confidence

I have such an awful thing where I cry even if im not all that stressed. Today for example I had my English speaking exam, I had memorised it all and was extremely confident that I had covered all bases. I stood in front of the camera then balled my eyes out even though I knew what I was doing. I also did the same thing in my French speaking mock too... Any help would be appreciated
Original post by abb1e007
I have such an awful thing where I cry even if im not all that stressed. Today for example I had my English speaking exam, I had memorised it all and was extremely confident that I had covered all bases. I stood in front of the camera then balled my eyes out even though I knew what I was doing. I also did the same thing in my French speaking mock too... Any help would be appreciated

The key thing is to keep putting yourself out there in uncomfortable situations... you'll get more confident as you realise you are capable of doing scary things
Sports helped me with my confidence.

Try boxing or maybe going to the gym if you don't feel like doing a team sport just quite yet. :wink:
Reply 3
some people have sensitive eyes and you may wear eye make up that does not suit you...(just something to investigate yourself).

Also, sometimes depression may make someone tear up really easily - maybe speak to a GP if you think this might be the problem.

Otherwise you need to get some practice at public speaking. Or try a stand-up comedy course, that'll sort you out within a couple of months.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending