Anime Series Recommendations Watch

JDINCINERATOR
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Anybody got any great anime recommendations? I'm not a huge anime viewer at all but I've been a huge fan of Pokémon of the years and am a bit familiar with DBZ. I've started watching Danganronpa-a series which also has an accompany PS Vita and PS4 game called Trigger Happy Havoc that I find very enthralling.
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hunter x Hunter
Marsharko
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Naruto, Attack On Titan, My Hero Academia

Basically the staple shonen. Although I'll mention that Naruto finished the storyline a few years ago. Boruto exists, but it's trash atm.
JDINCINERATOR
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Marsharko)
Naruto, Attack On Titan, My Hero Academia

Basically the staple shonen. Although I'll mention that Naruto finished the storyline a few years ago. Boruto exists, but it's trash atm.
I forgot to mention that I have dabbled in My Hero Academia and Attack On Titan.
Marsharko
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
I forgot to mention that I have dabbled in My Hero Academia and Attack On Titan.
Are you a fan of that genre? I don't know much about anime truthfully, but the animes I've enjoyed were all "shonen". I think it's like calling a movie an action movie, usually involves a lot of fighting and feels.

Naruto is amazing, best anime. Naruto Shippuden dipped at the end. Boruto is basically Naruto's generation's kids... and it's really disappointing but apparently it picks up later on in the manga. 100% recommend Naruto.
imscrewedlol
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I don't want anime but apparently avatar is good
β0b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JDINCINERATOR)
Anybody got any great anime recommendations? I'm not a huge anime viewer at all but I've been a huge fan of Pokémon of the years and am a bit familiar with DBZ. I've started watching Danganronpa-a series which also has an accompany PS Vita and PS4 game called Trigger Happy Havoc that I find very enthralling.
this may not be the kind of anime which you usually watch but "parasite". It is about some guy who has his planet somewhat invaded by an alien species. It's a somewhat docile species but when they kill, they are brutal. It has a bit of romance, a bit of gore and in my opinion a great plot.

there is also "your lie in April" which I personally haven't watched. it is one season and is apparently a beautiful tragedy type thing.

Tokyo ghoul is also like parasite but is a little less popular. I liked the first season but I haven't cared to watch the next. my friend likes it.
PetitePanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by β0b)
this may not be the kind of anime which you usually watch but "parasite". It is about some guy who has his planet somewhat invaded by an alien species. It's a somewhat docile species but when they kill, they are brutal. It has a bit of romance, a bit of gore and in my opinion a great plot.

there is also "your lie in April" which I personally haven't watched. it is one season and is apparently a beautiful tragedy type thing.

Tokyo ghoul is also like parasite but is a little less popular. I liked the first season but I haven't cared to watch the next. my friend likes it.
Omg your lie in April is quite a lovely anime to watch and the end is quite sad. If you like your lie in april, anohara is good as well.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Overlord
The Vision of Escaflowne
Attack on Titan
One Punch Man
Soul Eater
RWBY
Afro Samurai
Fairy Tail (This one is really long, 328 episodes)
Death Note
Steins:Gate
Gate
Drifters
Sword Art Online

There should be something in there that you might like.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Without to reason why they are good series, here are some recommendations:

Hellsing
Death Note
Megalobox
One Punch Man
GANGSTA
Samurai 7
Ranma 1/2
Terror in Resonance

You will have a lot of fun with them.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Without to reason why they are good series, here are some recommendations:

Hellsing
Death Note
Megalobox
One Punch Man
GANGSTA
Samurai 7
Ranma 1/2
Terror in Resonance

You will have a lot of fun with them.
Saving some of these to watch.
β0b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Overlord
The Vision of Escaflowne
Attack on Titan
One Punch Man
Soul Eater
RWBY
Afro Samurai
Fairy Tail (This one is really long, 328 episodes)
Death Note
Steins:Gate
Gate
Drifters
Sword Art Online

There should be something in there that you might like.
How did I forget about OPM and Death note?! OPM is one which you will definitely like, especially season 1. death note is a really interesting one. It can get a little repetitive in my opinion but it is still great. Sword art online is commonly hated on in the western world but is still popular in Japan. I wouldn't know because I haven't watched that one.
DiddyDec
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by β0b)
How did I forget about OPM and Death note?! OPM is one which you will definitely like, especially season 1. death note is a really interesting one. It can get a little repetitive in my opinion but it is still great. Sword art online is commonly hated on in the western world but is still popular in Japan. I wouldn't know because I haven't watched that one.
I managed to forget Hellsing and then there are all the anime movies.

SAO is very Japanese from what I can tell, I really like it but it is certainly an acquired taste.
Alesha1991
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Attack on Titan
Death Note
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Omni Fallen
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Go toubun no hanayome
Attack on Titan
Sword Art Online
Blue exorcist
noragami
black butler
black clover
Gurren Lagann
Fullmetal Alchemist
The irregular at magic high school
Asterisk war
haikyu
kill la kill
angel beats
my hero academia
bleach
cowboy bebop
jojo's bizarre adventure
highschool dxd
testament of sister new devil
the seven deadly sins
steins; gate
fairy tail
assassination classroom

I have more to recommend but that's all for now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (426)
58.84%
Yes- I don't like it (39)
5.39%
No- I want it (210)
29.01%
No- I don't want it (49)
6.77%

Watched Threads