The Student Room Group

Advice

I really hate GCSEs and I am going through my mocks after the week half term and I am worried I have failed my mocks in November and I am scared that I will fail my mocks next term..

And I know that I am going to fail my GCSEs exam
You will with that mindset! You have to keep positive and proactive - revision isn’t fun but you have to do it. Start making mindmaps, quizlet’s with vocab, find out your learning style, YouTube videos. Do a little every night and you’ll find yourself improving. Be active in lessons, ask questions, if you don’t understand go at lunch or break to ask, see if there are lunch clubs for a subject, study with friends who are doing well and let them teach you (this is the most effective way of revision for them too). Start chipping away at the workload then you won’t be so overwhelmed! Most importantly you can do it!!
Reply 2
No teacher is willing to help me or go out of their way to help me to revise
Original post by hkhokhar
No teacher is willing to help me or go out of their way to help me to revise

Have you asked? I’m sure there will be some form of extra revision coming up, especially as we get closer and closer to exam time. You have to be proactive about it, they won’t just come to you! Even asking tos it in their room during lunches with a few friends can help you if you need to study, but you really have to do everything off your own back
Original post by hkhokhar
I really hate GCSEs and I am going through my mocks after the week half term and I am worried I have failed my mocks in November and I am scared that I will fail my mocks next term..

And I know that I am going to fail my GCSEs exam

Don't worry about it, you've been doing this for five years and you're ready to move on to something new, so it's understandable as to why you hate them so much, trust me, I know.

Similar to you, I have mocks (actually did the first of my second set today) next term, so take solace in the fact that others are feeling the same as you are.

If you revise well during study leave - and don't over do it - then I'm sure you'll be all set to pass. Personally, using a website called Quizlet and past exam papers are the best ways to revise, so I recommend that if you're unsure how to start. I also recon you should attend some after school/lunchtime revision sessions (if offered) and organise to revise with other people studying similar things.

I'm sure you won't fail.

I hope this helps. :smile:
You'll be ok. There are few people who think that they've passed exams whilst their waiting for results, and remember that these are only baselines - you can certainly get a frade or two, maybe more, up before the real exams. GCSEs are horrible and it's frustrating having to do subjects that you don't want to do nect year, but you can do it and do everything that you need to to get the results that you want, and then hopefully be proud of yourself in August, no matter what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest