What is the kindest thing a stranger has done for you? Watch

FemaleinDress
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
I would say when I was a train and a stranger handed me £40 suddenly and randomly.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Someone gave me money in a game. That was nice.
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
when I fell down a mountain while skiing and a Austrian/German fella stopped skiing to check if I'm alright.
Harvey Reid.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
once fell over and broke my arm a couple of summers back, one person checked if im alright and helped me up while another person got a first aid kit out of their car
watershower
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
This guy was begging for money and despite me saying i had no money, he wouldn’t go away. I am quite shy, but the lady at the bus stop next to me noticed and told him to go away for me. I was too shy to say thank you but she really saved me. Thank you bus stop lady!
Diplomatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
when I fell down a mountain while skiing and a Austrian/German fella stopped skiing to check if I'm alright.
In fairness that sounds like something most people would do if they saw someone fall down a mountain
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Diplomatic)
In fairness that sounds like something most people would do if they saw someone fall down a mountain
ah well I guess I appreciate it a lot.
JamesManc
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Lots.

Recently, someone stopped their car as I was walking on the dual carriageway and asked where I was going and if I needed a lift. I said train station about 30 mins walk away, and he said I'll drive you. He's breaking the speed limit to make sure I got an earlier train than the one I was going to get.
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Back in 2017 when I was dealing with depression, I was at the train station when this old guy came over and started chatting with me. Had a good convo about a multitude of topics, including my depression.

Felt better afterwards. Such a small act can make a difference.
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Suicide TW

Spoiler:
Show
Couple years ago i was trying to get to the main road near my house. I had no shoes on and had some blood on my shirt and was stood at the side of the road. This kind couple parked up their car on the side of the road, rolled down their window and ended up walking me back home.

(Original post by Arthur_Morgan)
Back in 2017 when I was dealing with depression, I was at the train station when this old guy came over and started chatting with me. Had a good convo about a multitude of topics, including my depression.

Felt better afterwards. Such a small act can make a difference.
:hugs:
slowdownhavefun
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by JamesManc)
Lots.

Recently, someone stopped their car as I was walking on the dual carriageway and asked where I was going and if I needed a lift. I said train station about 30 mins walk away, and he said I'll drive you. He's breaking the speed limit to make sure I got an earlier train than the one I was going to get.
what a legend
ibby68
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Random guy taught me how to deadlift because I was doing it so wrong I could’ve broken my back.
MyFightSong
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
but why did he just randomly hand you that much??
Arthur_Morgan
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Suicide TW

Spoiler:
Show
Couple years ago i was trying to get to the main road near my house. I had no shoes on and had some blood on my shirt and was stood at the side of the road. This kind couple parked up their car on the side of the road, rolled down their window and ended up walking me back home.

:hugs:
:jumphug:
MidgetFever
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Something that happened a few weeks ago actually.

I'd just come out of an exam thinking I'd failed, after months of hard work and stress. I was literally exhausted at that point. Felt like my head was going to explode at the time, so I just sat outside a coffee shop near my uni and ended up crying. Full on heaving crying.

This lovely gentleman came up to me with a coffee and handed it to me, asking if I wanted to talk about what was upsetting me. So we ended up talking for a good few hours and I felt so much better afterwards. It was super nice of him to take all of that time out of his day just to make sure I was okay. We're actually friends now.
Max1989
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I very often just go sit in parks on my own to reflect on life, often negatively although not very visible that it is that. I am rather lonely and just chatting to someone makes my entire week as I won't really day to day, literally can go through a week with saying no words to anyone I also don't use my phone at all, it rarely goes below 90% due to inactivity rather than charging.

But me just sitting in the park looking fairly approachable I do get a fair amount of people saying hi and wanting to chat, mostly elderly or elderly couples (as they are generally the people with the time to chat), but I've had people chat to me of all ages, well all ages 18+, don't know why a child would try and talk to a stranger it'd be weird.

But yeah the nicest thing a stranger has done is said hi and chatted to me when I wanted it most, it literally changes my day and I hope my chat has brightened their day too, I now regularly go to parks and if I see someone who might want a chat I will say hi, and initiate a conversation, if they say hi but don't seem like they want to chat then that's fiene I'll move on but I said hi, sometimes all people need in acknowledgment they are human, there is someone who cares even if you don't know who that person is, it helped me and I hope to help others throughout my life.

Plus the conversations are really interesting, everyone has their story no matter how small or how big, I won't see them again or remember their name but our shared experience of sitting on that park bench on a fresh winter's afternoon chatting about life is what humanity is all about
Itsmepoppy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
I was on the bus and I was really tired and stressed and my eyes were watering and I was looking down reading my notes and the stranger next to me asked if I was okay, I said I'm fine he said are you sure

It was so simple, but people I know don't even ask or are that perceptive, that nearly made me cry
MoonlightRain
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
My dress was caught in the escalators in a train station and this woman and man helped me straight away. Rip to my dress tho
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
a random black lady came and gave me a tenner.

i tried telling her to keep her money but she was adamant i should keep it.

i'm ngl, that has not been the only time i've been randomly given money. 95% of the time it's from black people. 1 time it was from a south asian.

0 white people have randomly given me money?

racists... :eek::rolleyes:
Kyxng
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Slept with me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.76%
No (117)
33.24%

Watched Threads