m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hey guys
First of all, do you think this target is reasonable, realistic and POSSIBLE?
I’m in year 12 currently doing a levels and I keep getting E’s and U’s in my economics tests and only recently just started scrapping D’s. I enjoy economics and maths a lot and I’m getting A’s in maths, but i need to get my economics up to an A by the summer so that the department can give me an A/A* prediction. What things can I do that you know are successful or might help, and do you really think I can turn my grade around in enough time?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by m2b)
Hey guys
First of all, do you think this target is reasonable, realistic and POSSIBLE?
I’m in year 12 currently doing a levels and I keep getting E’s and U’s in my economics tests and only recently just started scrapping D’s. I enjoy economics and maths a lot and I’m getting A’s in maths, but i need to get my economics up to an A by the summer so that the department can give me an A/A* prediction. What things can I do that you know are successful or might help, and do you really think I can turn my grade around in enough time?
Maybe an A if you do the right revisions and work hard and smart enough, but you would need to change the way you work in big ways because current methods arent good enough.
At this stage if I was serious I would pay for uplearn.
Last edited by 999tigger; 1 week ago
Tess_thedog
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
cgp revision guide + textbook for things you don't understand from the revision guide + past paper questions + marking your Qs with the markscheme

= grade booster

However, it takes a lot of effort, but as long as you baso learn what you don't know and learn how to answer the exam Qs you can achieve A* grades ASAP (as soon as you have completed this for all your content)
m2b
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Thanks guys, admittedly I was just reading notes and hoping this would do me well enough for the exam but I think using mind maps and flash cards for content so I know everything then doing practice questions will be good - exam technique is the biggest thing holding me down atm. I hope to get there, I’ll definitely do some of the things you’ve suggested
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Edinburgh Napier University
    Postgraduate Drop-in Brunch Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?