How can I get my teeth to be white?
Pinkisk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Player69420)
A build up of plaque can cause your teeth to appear more yellow. Practice better dental hygiene. Brush your teeth more often. More importantly, brush your teeth correctly. Always floss after you brush your teeth. Some mouth wash products cause your teeth to appear more yellow, so you might want to avoid using those. Brush your teeth for no shorter than 2 minutes. Brush at an angle pointing towards your gums. Use an electric toothbrush...they are a billion times better than a manual tooth brush. Philips sonicare is probably the best...followed by Braun's electric rotary tooth brush range...they have a huge range. Their toothbrushes go from as little as 30 pounds. Do not brush with too much pressure. Do not brush for too long. Do not go over board with your dental hygiene. You will risk permanently damaging your enamel...oh and eat healthy...keep away from fizzy drinks and sugary foods...don't drink too much fruit juice...they're usually very acidic and corrosive to your teeth...and stop smoking if you smoke...nicotine stains the teeth yellow. Alternatively, you can pay to have them bleached.
Last edited by Pinkisk; 1 week ago
therandomperson
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Player69420)
pretty sure once they are yellowed they won't go back (the stuff under your enamel is what gives it the yellow colour and it's only visible because your enamel has worn away. Enamel does not grow back). if you brush for a while you'd at least remove whatever amount of plaque or food you have at the moment to slightly whiten your smile. After about 2 weeks of this and cutting down on stuff like cola you should look at your teeth, this will be the best colour they can be naturally (Without going for teeth whitening which imo you should avoid unless your teeth are REALLY yellow)
Last edited by therandomperson; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (339)
60.43%
Yes- I don't like it (29)
5.17%
No- I want it (153)
27.27%
No- I don't want it (40)
7.13%

Watched Threads