lmaoihatemyself
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
its acc deep how uni changed me from a genuinely happy person to someone who doesnt have the motivation to even do anything anymore and just ending up just feeling numb about everything and just waste time by staring at a wall
nathan1403
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling that way :hugs: Is there anyone you can talk to? Friends, family, uni mental health services?

Remember that you are not alone, that there is a way out. Is there anything in particular that's causing you to feel this way? Dissatisfaction with uni life? Workload stress?
eh154182
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
honestly uni is set out to be the 'best time of your life' but it really isn't. you're not alone. i feel really alone right now and im in my second year, but im trying to just get my degree and then it'll all be over. just remember you're there for a reason and although you feel this way now it won't last forever. please talk if u need somebody !
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Have moved your thread to a more relevant section
Hannahk17
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
First off, you're not alone in this - you may feel this way, but you're not.
Many individuals who go to uni often suffer with mental health (including myself). I dropped out of uni because of how it made me feel. I don't know how old you are, or if you've moved away from home, but it is such a massive step in life. All of a sudden you're expected to manage your money, pay rent & bills, clean, cook etc. If you know what I mean? Plus the stress of uni work. It's a super hard time.
If your uni has a student support team, message them! I went to MMU and I contacted them, also it's best to speak to your tutor as well. They can be pretty helpful. Most unis have counselling services too, where you can be seen fairly quick. I'd definitely go to your GP as well!
Not to sound like an old woman, but if you're drinking/going out loads, this can have a huge impact on your mental health, with alcohol being a depressant.
Feel free to message me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (172)
61.21%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
4.27%
No- I want it (76)
27.05%
No- I don't want it (21)
7.47%

Watched Threads