Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 days ago
He has been quite suspicious recently (at uni)...

He is very hot and cold, and for the past week he has been very warm and lovey for no reason, and it's weird.
He cares more about his appearance than he ever did for me, or at the start of uni, he is shaving all the time whereas before he didn't care. Takes a lot longer getting ready, and does his hair differently and styles it.

Also suddenly cares about his physique, has been working out at least 5 days a week, in the summer and the start of uni he never did. Suddenly wants to be muscular when he wasn't bothered before.

He says he has only 4 girls on his course yet he has every one of them on Facebook, he gets along with everyone and previously has mostly male friends. Also on fb he has no mention or evidence of me.

He stays up late (like he'll tell me he slept at 1/2) but not talking to me anymore. Or he'll wake up in the night and talk to other people, and go on fb, and not me. He also missed lectures the same day 2 weeks in a row (but supposedly doesn't party or drink).

He used to ask for pictures of me to masturbate to and he has stopped asking.

He always makes out like he's super busy and how he needs to prioritize his education (which is right) but then he misses lectures, I ask if he has much work to do and he has none today or the whole weekend. He'll also exaggerate the time length of things so he can get rid of me, ie I need 2.5 hrs for lunch, 1.5hrs to get ready etc like he doesn't want me to message him at that specific time. A few weeks ago I messaged him and he said 'you have to tell me if you want to talk to me today' and he was supposedly gaming all day, but obviously wanted me out of the way.

He doesn't really include me in his life, we hardly talk, I don't know anything about his day or week or friends etc

Would you think he's cheating or just not interested in me? Or am I over analysing things?
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
The only way is to catch him in the act or for him to admit it. I would wait for more evidence, but it does look odd to me. It seems to me you aren't really happy right now, so perhaps instead of accusing him of cheating (without solid proof), you instead express your other concerns and see what he says.
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
okay not to be scary or anything but coulddd be possible.. My bf went behind my back a couple of months ago not cheating per say but it was like emotional cheating if you call it, he didnt do nudes or have sex or anything he just flirted with someone else, he was also very hot and cold, said he was confused on who he liked me or this other girl..What you gotta do is just talk to him say you need to have a talk if he acts distant or reluctant something is up if he confesses all is good, just try not to jump to conclusions like I did try and remain calm, and don't push it if he seems reluctant..

just chat to him say you feel like hes getting distant, and it worries you etc.. everything works out for the best xx
Anonymous #2
Report 4 days ago
Sorry to say sis, there’s a slight chance he might be cheating but talk to him first, I’ve been at uni for almost 3yrs now and those other halves that go to uni always get their heads turned.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Sorry to say sis, there’s a slight chance he might be cheating but talk to him first, I’ve been at uni for almost 3yrs now and those other halves that go to uni always get their heads turned.
Or not. I didn't and I am sure I am not the only one. And I'm sure a lot of woman cheat as well..
Anonymous #1
(Original post by kekedoyouloveme?)
okay not to be scary or anything but coulddd be possible.. My bf went behind my back a couple of months ago not cheating per say but it was like emotional cheating if you call it, he didnt do nudes or have sex or anything he just flirted with someone else, he was also very hot and cold, said he was confused on who he liked me or this other girl..What you gotta do is just talk to him say you need to have a talk if he acts distant or reluctant something is up if he confesses all is good, just try not to jump to conclusions like I did try and remain calm, and don't push it if he seems reluctant..

just chat to him say you feel like hes getting distant, and it worries you etc.. everything works out for the best xx
Thank you, I'm thinking he could just have a crush on another girl who he's friends with but he's not really gonna lose a whole relationship for a crush and won't admit it. I'll talk to him and see what he says and not be accusatory, if not I'll just see how things pan out
Anonymous #1
(Original post by 0le)
The only way is to catch him in the act or for him to admit it. I would wait for more evidence, but it does look odd to me. It seems to me you aren't really happy right now, so perhaps instead of accusing him of cheating (without solid proof), you instead express your other concerns and see what he says.
Thanks, yeah our relationship isn't good right now, but if I broke up with him I wouldn't get the truth, and if he likes another girl or has cheated then he should end it with me
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
Regardless or whether or not he's cheating, it's obvious that there's not enough love from him to you. It's like he's treating you so badly that he wants you to break up with him. Because he doesn't have the courage to dump you. It's like he's thinking how hard can he push you before you leave him.

The most important thing for you is: what is the optimum course of action for you, given the set of circumstances that you are in?

The very clear and obvious answer to that is that you should dump him and get yourself a new boyfriend.
That will mean that you will probably never find out what was going on with him. But that doesn't matter, because he will be out of your life forever. And you'll be with someone that might actually love you.

You being with the right sort of romantic partner is far more important than finding out the truth.
Get your priorities right and your love life will sort itself out.
kekedoyouloveme?
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 days ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Thank you, I'm thinking he could just have a crush on another girl who he's friends with but he's not really gonna lose a whole relationship for a crush and won't admit it. I'll talk to him and see what he says and not be accusatory, if not I'll just see how things pan out
tbh yeah... and i read your post below yh i didnt break up with mine either because I wanted to know the truth, I wanted closure on why he did what he did, and stuff and I still stayed with mine on one occasion that he changed himself.. If he wants you he will change himself for the better
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (241)
66.21%
No (123)
33.79%

Watched Threads