ZoeWMed
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anonfuturemedic)
Lol, literally same thing happened to me and I was freaking out! 😄
Same!! So is the consensus that if we haven't had Hep B we are to get them done prior to starting the course? I was supposed to get them when I started work within the NHS but they had run out haha
username4975842
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ZoeWMed)
Same!! So is the consensus that if we haven't had Hep B we are to get them done prior to starting the course? I was supposed to get them when I started work within the NHS but they had run out haha
As long as you have the first jab before the course starts it should be fine then you can continue to get the remaining two 😊 so just track it down as soon as you can!
Last edited by username4975842; 1 month ago
kukeku
Badges: 2
Report 1 month ago
I had to get the vaccine last year. I asked my GP who said they were unable to do it and advised me to look privately at local pharmacies. I found it pretty quickly and each jab was £20 so £60 for all three 😊

I’m not 100% sure but I assume it means full time paid work like nurses and radiographers because we’ll have a lot of them on the course
Ahh right thank you! Should we have had all three jabs before sending off the form? Or do you recommend getting the first jab, recording the date and then sending off the form?
username4975842
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kukeku)
Ahh right thank you! Should we have had all three jabs before sending off the form? Or do you recommend getting the first jab, recording the date and then sending off the form?
Get the first jab and send the paperwork off! After your next two jabs send them an email to update them. The whole course should take 6 months 😊
kukeku
Badges: 2
Report 1 month ago
Get the first jab and send the paperwork off! After your next two jabs send them an email to update them. The whole course should take 6 months 😊
Alright thank you

Last q (sorryyyy), is the 31st of August the deadline for submission of the OH form? Didn't see them mention any other dates besides the 27th of March for the survey.
laurenjjj
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was going to ask the same thing, thank you for the info! I haven’t had a BCG vaccine either and I can’t find anywhere near me that offers this, neither my GP/private practises. I’m not really sure what to do, do you have any ideas?
LF_95
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey everyone! Little bit of a ridiculous worry but I posted the top bit of my offer email on my Instagram/Facebook (both of which are set to very private) and now I’m slightly worrying that my UCAS/Warwick ID numbers are online?! Feeling like a bit of an idiot now!
BeckyZoe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by LF_95)
Hey everyone! Little bit of a ridiculous worry but I posted the top bit of my offer email on my Instagram/Facebook (both of which are set to very private) and now I’m slightly worrying that my UCAS/Warwick ID numbers are online?! Feeling like a bit of an idiot now!
Did you not black out your UCAS/Warwick ID? I'd say you'll be absolutely fine (especially since they're both set to very private!). As long as you've removed it now I wouldn't worry at all, but then if you do wanna post it then just edit the photo and black out your private info
LF_95
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by BeckyZoe)
Did you not black out your UCAS/Warwick ID? I'd say you'll be absolutely fine (especially since they're both set to very private!). As long as you've removed it now I wouldn't worry at all, but then if you do wanna post it then just edit the photo and black out your private info
Hey! Thank you for your speedy reply. Nope, I didn’t really think at the time but I’m kicking myself now 😂 Yes, I’ll delete it to be on the safe side!
username4975842
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kukeku)
Alright thank you

Last q (sorryyyy), is the 31st of August the deadline for submission of the OH form? Didn't see them mention any other dates besides the 27th of March for the survey.
I’m not sure about the deadline. It’s not on the email or the OH form. I guess as long as it’s done before the start of the course. You could ring them to check 😊
username4975842
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by laurenjjj)
I was going to ask the same thing, thank you for the info! I haven’t had a BCG vaccine either and I can’t find anywhere near me that offers this, neither my GP/private practises. I’m not really sure what to do, do you have any ideas?
I don’t have the BCG either. I think there must have been a couple of years that it wasn’t offered back when we were children as a lot of my colleagues/friends around my age (22) do not have it either. I tried to track it down at pharmacies/privately for a long time and it was always “sorry there is a national shortage” so I gave up. It hasn’t affected me studying or working in the NHS though so I think it should be fine! 😊
Last edited by username4975842; 1 month ago
Jiminibillybob
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'll probably mix it up a bit, also have a motorbike which could be useful for the parking situation but that's dependant on somewhere to change/store leathers etcproblem with the train is getting to gibbet's hill, I did a course there once where we just shared a taxi but obviously that was one day a month so not expensive
Jiminibillybob
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t have the BCG either. I think there must have been a couple of years that it wasn’t offered back when we were children as a lot of my colleagues/friends around my age (22) do not have it either. I tried to track it down at pharmacies/privately for a long time and it was always “sorry there is a national shortage” so I gave up. It hasn’t affected me studying or working in the NHS though so I think it should be fine! 😊
I dont thinks its offered to anyone unless high risk of TB, it used to be part of your baby imms but stopped years ago. Its assessed on risk now so i guess the occy health people will decide, as healthcare workers are obviously higher risk
username4975842
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jiminibillybob)
I dont thinks its offered to anyone unless high risk of TB, it used to be part of your baby imms but stopped years ago. Its assessed on risk now so i guess the occy health people will decide, as healthcare workers are obviously higher risk
Something like that 😊 thanks!
Jwheath
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone got any good book recommendations re medicine/doctor stuff?
Marathi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jwheath)
They should send you a pre-reading list if that's what you mean. I wouldn't buy any books, the libraries at uni, med school and the hospitals are well stocked with a variety of books and tbh most people just use online resources like BMJ best practice these days anyway.
Jwheath
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Marathi)
They should send you a pre-reading list if that's what you mean. I wouldn't buy any books, the libraries at uni, med school and the hospitals are well stocked with a variety of books and tbh most people just use online resources like BMJ best practice these days anyway.
Sorry I meant more for entertainment purposes, like ‘this is going to hurt’ etc.
Su O
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry I meant more for entertainment purposes, like ‘this is going to hurt’ etc.
Trust me Im a junior doctor, Sirens, Critical are all good reads, the first two more comedic and the last more serious but still good read
BeckyZoe
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've just bought 'War Doctor' by David Nott and 'Unnatural Causes: The Life and Many Deaths of Britain's Top Forensic Pathologist' by Dr Richard Shepherd
Jalti
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I really enjoyed ‘Being Mortal’ by Atul Gawande and he has a load of good books if that one isn’t for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think non-essential uni exams should be cancelled?

Yes, they should be cancelled altogether (214)
52.45%
No, they should still go ahead (57)
13.97%
They should be cancelled for everyone but final year (137)
33.58%

Watched Threads