I am torn between Uni and an Apprenticeship! How do I decide? Watch

Hfckdzcj
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I am attracted to the social life and independence of what university can give you, but on the other side I am really interested in working and getting started into an apprenticeship in digital marketing (as well as getting paid). If I was to go to uni I'd maybe choose Business (but I am really undecided on this as Forensic psychology as well as Counselling psychology sounds really appealing). I am aware uni is more than just parties and I am prepared to study hard and everything; I'd consider myself to be quite a hard worker anyway! Alas - I undecided... not sure how to make my mind up... I am working in a supermarket and would really like to leave soon and get out there! Any advice would be really great.

(BTW my A-Level grades are C in Psychology, B in Product Design, and E in Biology despite my good understanding of it )
Captain.boaty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I was gunna do an apprenticeship then I thought -I'm young, I'm gunna be working the rest of my life may as well do uni have a bit of fun and adventure.

Depends if you value a good time or money.

Oversimplification but...yeah...
Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Why would anyone be in 30k debt (tuition only) just to be able to go to a few parties. To be honest, you may be able to have a better social life in an apprenticeship because not only do you have people at the uni/college, but there are also people at work.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (432)
58.7%
Yes- I don't like it (40)
5.43%
No- I want it (214)
29.08%
No- I don't want it (50)
6.79%

Watched Threads