pkatesuppiah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So I'm about 6 months in to my AS Levels and its like I'm trying to navigate through a complexed maze without a map. I take Biology, Maths and Geography and I absolutely love all my subjects however I still do find them difficult. I'm really bad at exams due to nerves and AS levels are really testing my abilities. Biology is fun for content but I'm still not achieving what I would've wanted at this stage. I love Biology so much and so I'm not letting the fact that I struggle at it get me down. Geography is fun and the content is crazy but I love learning about the world around me. One of my teachers is kind of dull and he teaches human geography which I find dull so combined I find human geo a snooze fest which means it takes more effort from me to work on my human geography. Now maths is a real struggle for me, I loved IGCSE maths it was my favourite subject and honestly I still do love everything about maths. My school takes AQA and the questions are just so crazy for me, I know its just exam technique but its really pulling my confidence down. Anyway that's a brief overview of my subjects. I'm Priya and I'm 16 and I guess I'm going to document AS and A Levels because so much goes on and this is the best way for me to talk about it and express it all!
Until the next post byee
Last edited by pkatesuppiah; 1 year ago
everything73
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by pkatesuppiah)
So I'm about 6 months in to my AS Levels and its like I'm trying to navigate through a complexed maze without a map. I take Biology, Maths and Geography and I absolutely love all my subjects however I still do find them difficult. I'm really bad at exams due to nerves and AS levels are really testing my abilities. Biology is fun for content but I'm still not achieving what I would've wanted at this stage. I love Biology so much and so I'm not letting the fact that I struggle at it get me down. Geography is fun and the content is crazy but I love learning about the world around me. One of my teachers is kind of dull and he teaches human geography which I find dull so combined I find human geo a snooze fest which means it takes more effort from me to work on my human geography. Now maths is a real struggle for me, I loved IGCSE maths it was my favourite subject and honestly I still do love everything about maths. My school takes AQA and the questions are just so crazy for me, I know its just exam technique but its really pulling my confidence down. Anyway that's a brief overview of my subjects. I'm Priya and I'm 16 and I guess I'm going to document AS and A Levels because so much goes on and this is the best way for me to talk about it and express it all!
Until the next post byee
I do AQA maths a level and I find it so hard at some points
pkatesuppiah
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by pkatesuppiah)
Until the next post byee
Hi,
I don't know how to continue this thread so I'm just gonna reply to my first post to keep you updated. So I actually did well in my Mocks, I was 1% off a B in Biology and I did make lots of stupid mistakes. I got a B in Geography but my grade was really pulled down by my physical geography, it was very disappointing. My maths was the most surprising, I was 3% off a B which is a huge improvement for me as I was an E grade student at one point. For the moment I'm back to enjoying AS levels, the stress from the real AS exams hasn't kicked in yet so I'm still relaxing but I do know I need to step up soon and start revising properly.
Well thats all thats gone on in my life, I'll hopefully update this more regularly!
Byee
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads