XodaCan
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ok so I got this geography homework and I've done a couple 9 mark questions before but I'm not too sure on structure, here are the questions I got.

1. With reference to an example you have studied. Evaluate the main causes of deforestation (9 marks + 3 SPAG)

2. With reference to an example you have studied. Evaluate the environmental impacts and economic impacts of deforestation (9 marks + 3 SPAG)

3. Describe and explain two benefits of international cooperation in sustainably managing tropical rainforests (4 marks)

4. The rainforest is more valuable when left intact than when destroyed. Use examples to support or challenge this view. (9 marks + 3 SPAG)
Advertisement
DoNotMove
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by XodaCan)
Ok so I got this geography homework and I've done a couple 9 mark questions before but I'm not too sure on structure, here are the questions I got.

1. With reference to an example you have studied. Evaluate the main causes of deforestation (9 marks + 3 SPAG)

2. With reference to an example you have studied. Evaluate the environmental impacts and economic impacts of deforestation (9 marks + 3 SPAG)

3. Describe and explain two benefits of international cooperation in sustainably managing tropical rainforests (4 marks)

4. The rainforest is more valuable when left intact than when destroyed. Use examples to support or challenge this view. (9 marks + 3 SPAG)
I do not take geography; however, from what I know with regards to essay subjects, if it says evaluate, I'd do the follow structure (using the example of q1):

(1 mark) define deforestation
(3 marks) reasons for deforestation
(3 marks) reasons against deforestation
[though if you can only think for 2 marks for and 4 against, that's cool too]
(2 marks) evaluate your points, weigh them against each other. e.g. though deforestation creates more space for farming, it has greater environmental impact from the amount of carbon emissions produced. Or whatever, I don't know anything about geography.

This is the kind of structure I use for long response computer science questions, and I usually get decent enough (7-9 marks out of 9) results on them.

If it says to reference an example you've studied, then put that next to the definition. e.g. deforestation is when a large amount of forest space is cleared by cutting down trees. This occured in (again, making stuff up) the Amazon rainforest in 2011 when...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling being back in school?

Happy (30)
24.79%
Unhappy (35)
28.93%
Conflicted (56)
46.28%

Watched Threads