should I do history GCSE advice please

Watch
please help me x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi everyone, I have read some posts on here about whether to do history or Spanish, and they said about the content of the subjects.

I would rather do history, here are some of the topics we would be studying...British medicine c1250-present, the American West c1835-95, Early Elizabethan England c1558-88 and Weimar and Nazi Germany...

I am wondering if anyone has studied or is studying these topics in history, and if so please can you give me some insight to what they are like.

I would appreciate any advice given, thank you
missgrade8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
funnily enough, i take both !

i absolutely love spanish, russel group universities appreciate if a foreign language is taken as it shows a student has great flexibility and skill.... if you enjoy spanish and find it relatively easy... you should be good !

history, well... i have studied early elizabethan england (it was an absolute bore), history is quite content heavy.... you always need to be on top of your game.... however, Weimar and Nazi Germany was such an engaging, insightful, expressive topic... I loved the content, thus my re-call process was faster...

both these subjects are hard, in their own ways... it depends on what type of learner you are x

hope this helps x
please help me x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Yes it does help, thank you so much for the advice x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads