Postgraduate accommodation Lancaster University

Watch
Lisbeth Salander
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone. I have been accepted into a PG programme at Lancaster University for 2020-2021. I am navigating through my accommodation options. I am considering University accommodation because of the proximity to the library (overnight study) and general buildings, but I do not know which halls I prefer. I would like to be able to make friends easily (PG), but also to enjoy a quiet area and all that jazz. Any recommendations?
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lisbeth Salander)
Hi everyone. I have been accepted into a PG programme at Lancaster University for 2020-2021. I am navigating through my accommodation options. I am considering University accommodation because of the proximity to the library (overnight study) and general buildings, but I do not know which halls I prefer. I would like to be able to make friends easily (PG), but also to enjoy a quiet area and all that jazz. Any recommendations?
Hello Lisbeth,
At Lancaster we have a collegiate system and so you'll be in Graduate college. The Grad college accommodation is what you'll be in and I think it'll suit you well! You'll be living with other grads and you'll have your own elected student body (the JCR) who organise events etc. You have your own porters who help you with accommodation, post, security etc and also your own study area and bar (although all bars are free for anyone to use). Grad college accommodation is in Alexandra Park and so is one of the quieter spots on campus with mostly accommodation nearby (though it still contains 3 bars, a Starbucks, a cash machine and somewhere to eat). It's about a 15 minute walk to the library too. There's a few different options of exact accommodation types so it just depends on your budget! Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Lisbeth Salander
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Hello Lisbeth,
At Lancaster we have a collegiate system and so you'll be in Graduate college. The Grad college accommodation is what you'll be in and I think it'll suit you well! You'll be living with other grads and you'll have your own elected student body (the JCR) who organise events etc. You have your own porters who help you with accommodation, post, security etc and also your own study area and bar (although all bars are free for anyone to use). Grad college accommodation is in Alexandra Park and so is one of the quieter spots on campus with mostly accommodation nearby (though it still contains 3 bars, a Starbucks, a cash machine and somewhere to eat). It's about a 15 minute walk to the library too. There's a few different options of exact accommodation types so it just depends on your budget! Let me know if you have any questions or anything I can help you with!
Charlotte
3rd year Biological Sciences with Biomedicine
Hi, Charlotte,

Thanks for the quick answer! Would it be ok to message you privately so we can told about this more?

Thanks
Lancaster Student Ambassador
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lisbeth Salander)
Hi, Charlotte,

Thanks for the quick answer! Would it be ok to message you privately so we can told about this more?

Thanks
Of course!
Charlotte
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (306)
34.3%
No (586)
65.7%

Watched Threads